Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had some 3M clear bra leftovers from doing an full clear bra install. i decide to make some hand cut templates and fab some custom clear bra pieces for the door handle "cups" and the rear hatch "cup" area where the switch is located.

spray bottle of soapy water and alcohol/water solution

hard to see it, but this is the clear film and the soapy water for placement purposes. then you use the alcohol/water mix to "lock down" the adhesive backing.

installed!

believe it or not, full frontal clear bra installed including laminx on the headlights and fogs. this was done by a pro, i have done other installs that are a little easier than the CRZ.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
How much of the front end is covered? Been wanting to do a full front end cover but may need to have a split down the center of the hood, how did you over come this issue if you did the whole hood.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ bikini cut with full bumper coverage. covers 3/4 of the hood, no problem.

i got some spare film and might cut a few copies for people but don't want to get in trouble with the mods.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
off topic: those wheels are so full of win.
hey thanks man, i appreciate the compliment. i put a lot of time into deciding on wheels for this car. had to be forged and had to be light weight. those 2 factors, eliminated the majority of the mfgs. when i saw the weights of the SL's, it was a done deal. i got so anal about unsprung weight, i bought the tires based on weight first, then performance. ugh, don't ask, i am mental..... :spaz::spinning::hiding:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
off topic: those wheels are so full of win.
Yeah, what's the deal with the wheels. Just a different type of TE-37s? Also, what's the offset? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
the wheels are TE37SL

the SL stands for super light. they are a special edition TE designed to save as much weight as possible while retaining all the strength of the original wheel. they dont even have centercaps available because volk shaved down the centercap area. they only come in that limited edition finish.

·
Registered
119 Posts
the wheels are TE37SL

the SL stands for super light. they are a special edition TE designed to save as much weight as possible while retaining all the strength of the original wheel. they dont even have centercaps available because volk shaved down the centercap area. they only come in that limited edition finish.
oh snap. they made an even lighter version of the te37's? must be baller...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
the wheels are TE37SL

And let me guess... They're expensive as hell. Amirite?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.