Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new CR-Z owner here, from Europe.

And in Europe we mostly got the white interior. So I have the EDM optional white leather seats.

I've read a lot about the Clazzio covers and I've seen people install them over de cloth seats to get that leather look.
But do the Clazzio's also fit over stock leather seats, for the purpose of a color change?
I am worried leather seats are a bit thicker maybe?

I am ready to order black covers if someone can give me that definitive answer.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2015 Honda CR-Z Base MT PWP
28 Posts
I can't say definitively, but considering that the seats are the same shape I imagine they would fit fine. If the leather seats are extra padded that's just extra comfort! I'd also assume the installation might actually be easier since the leather would probably create less friction.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've changed out cloth to full leather in a Camry once and it was a VERY tough job; especially on the hands because the fit was soooo tight (keeps it from wrinkling up). If clazzio doesn't specifically say the kit will fit over leather, I highly doubt it will slip over the existing one. Most likely you'd need to remove the stock skins.

If I ever did it again, I would pay a shop. My Camry experience wasn't worth the savings of DYI; loved the look tho'!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,946 Posts
If I was looking to do this I would contact Clazzio and ask if their seat covers will cover OEM Full leather seats. US seats have leather on the edges but fabric in the centers. They may have two patterns and if you ask they use the pattern for going over full leather OEM seats or they may have made the patterns so they will fit any OEM seat. This would be a definite ask the Manufacturer question.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've changed out cloth to full leather in a Camry once and it was a VERY tough job; especially on the hands because the fit was soooo tight (keeps it from wrinkling up). If clazzio doesn't specifically say the kit will fit over leather, I highly doubt it will slip over the existing one. Most likely you'd need to remove the stock skins.

If I ever did it again, I would pay a shop. My Camry experience wasn't worth the savings of DYI; loved the look tho'!!!
The clazzios are covers that go over the existing seat upholstery not replacement upholstery like the katzkin ones. @Spdbump makes a good point though that you could just ask clazzio directly to make sure they'll fit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I will ask the main dealer at Clazzio.com and the manufacturer site I guess is clazzio-11i.com ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think you can buy them from multiple dealers. I bought mine from gotuning.com here for $200 usd which is cheaper than I could find anywhere else. Your options are limited to suede or perforated leather though if you go through them and they do accept international orders.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you can buy them from multiple dealers. I bought mine from gotuning.com here for $200 usd which is cheaper than I could find anywhere else. Your options are limited to suede or perforated leather though if you go through them and they do accept international orders.
Yup, I'm going to buy from them, but they told me to ask the question here about the fitment :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
There are some pictures of CRZs with the clazzio seat covers on the web. They are cut to fit but as they are seat covers designed to go over the existing covers, from what I've seen they do make the seats look slightly thicker. But they don't look too bad though. Looks better on some pictures, plus you get the option to customise colours.
VIpnbnn.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,946 Posts
The material has to go somewhere you are adding a thicker material over another so of course it will look thicker because it is! I think it is a good option and they do sell the material in yards so you can cover door panels and armrest for instance. I hate the Fabric that Honda used on the door panels and arm rest.

There are some pictures of CRZs with the clazzio seat covers on the web. They are cut to fit but as they are seat covers but from what I've seen they do make the seats look slightly thicker.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The material has to go somewhere you are adding a thicker material over another so of course it will look thicker because it is! I think it is a good option and they do sell the material in yards so you can cover door panels and armrest for instance. I hate the Fabric that Honda used on the door panels and arm rest.
Yeah, probably not the nicest material on the door panels. Mine has started to lift in the corners. Tried to glue it down but it didn't work.
Armrest has that cheap feeling fake leather material.

·
Super Moderator
5,946 Posts
The armrest I was referring to is the Fabric specifically on the door armrest. The center armrest is not that bad. I have so many things I want to fix but with my job loss and change in job due to the pandemic my available money for extras is reduced. :confused:

Yeah, probably not the nicest material on the door panels. Mine has started to lift in the corners. Tried to glue it down but it didn't work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are some pictures of CRZs with the clazzio seat covers on the web. They are cut to fit but as they are seat covers designed to go over the existing covers, from what I've seen they do make the seats look slightly thicker. But they don't look too bad though. Looks better on some pictures, plus you get the option to customise colours.
Yes, BUT....people put them over the cloth seats, and since mine are already leather, I need to know if that will also fit.

No answer yet from any Clazzio dealer/manufacturer........

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
151 Posts
Mine is also lifting slightly, so I might change it at some point. Not a priority thing. Also considering 2013+ door panels, they don't have this bar going from the speaker to door handle, makes them more practical - easier to put stuff in the pocket at the bottom. they have the same shitty material, so I would have to remove it and glue a new one, something that doesn't cath stains from a drop of water and is easier to clean.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got a reply, but they are confusing EDM with JDM I think, I have a regular left hand drive car :LOL:

Also, who has power seats in their CR-Z? :unsure:

Van: Clazzio Info [mailto:[email protected]]

Thanks for contacting us here at Clazzio. Yes, our seat covers can definitely work over leather, but the problem usually is that your drivers seat is going to be power adjustable and the passenger is not. Where your drivers seat is normally where our passenger seat is, the covers cannot work because it is flip flopped. They are sewn differently where the airbags are located so if you try and switch them, the airbags won't deploy.
I am sorry about that.
Thanks,

The Clazzio Team
855-CLAZZIO
855-252-9946

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Latest reply after I showed them my LHD seats:

Thanks for sending those pictures! It looks like your seats are the same except the lever on the shoulder part of the passenger seat, so you would have to modify the Clazzio seat cover to accommodate that lever. Other than that, they should fit fine :)
Thanks,

The Clazzio Team
855-CLAZZIO
855-252-9946
So...I'm going to order them!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice! Has anyone actually cut their covers for the lever? Cause I sure haven't.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The covers include a little tool to wedge the cover between gaps. It's probably not that difficult, but I just haven't done it and I noticed in most pictures that people posted that they didn't either so I was just wondering if anyone had.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts