Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Sweet! But I am partial to that wheel. Have them on my "VX" and Insight.

You got the better of the two versions with the open windows along the diameter. I have both an open and closed set.

Pro Tip: The notch on the center cap is to line up with the valve stem. There is a graphic on the back of the cap to indicate that.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Looks sweet! I've also always liked those wheels for whatever reason. Do you know how much they weigh?

·
Premium Member
7,971 Posts
There was another member here who was running those. If you like them that is all that matters.

·
Registered
2016 EX CVT Purple
43 Posts
I like the Civic Hybrid wheels but I went with newer Civic wheels instead. The Civic Hybrid wheel center caps are a pain in the ass!
I am on the fence about the older wheels, I was just looking at the ones you have there.
Winters normally are not too bad where I live, but a dedicated set of winter tires may not be the worst idea in the world.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
829 Posts
Personally I'm not a huge fan. I just don't like the look, as I feel it doesn't fit well with the rest of the car. Of course, the most important thing is that you like them; who cares what others think?

I was considering swapping the aftermarket wheels my car came with for some other OEM wheels.

Like this one from a newer CR-V. It's a bit big at 18" and I never double checked if the actually fit, but they are quite wide, 8.5" IIRC. I like the design, but I'm not 100% sure it'd look well on the 'Z. They were hard to find, and the ones that did come up went for >$300 and didn't even have the center cap.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hubcap

Or these from an Accord. These were easier to find and I do like the design, but again I'm not 100% sure they'd go well with the CR-Z, they're too 'serious' while the CR-Z has a more juvenile and funky look. The offset was all wrong so I'd have to use a spacer, which adds to the cost and is something else that can go wrong, so I gave up on those.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Hubcap

My last candidate was these wheels from the 9th gen Civic, I think. I really like the design, they're 17" which is far more reasonable, they fit great IIRC and there were even brand new non-OEM replicas available for cheaper. I was about to get this one until I stumbled upon the Sport Tuning T23 which is what I have now.
Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Tread Alloy wheel

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

The eagle-eyed among you will have probably noticed that they are basically bootleg Toyota CHR wheels, which I'm fine with. OEM CHR wheels are 18" and don't fit as well.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
829 Posts
Pro Tip: The notch on the center cap is to line up with the valve stem. There is a graphic on the back of the cap to indicate that.
It always triggers my OCD when people just randomly slap the center cap in place lol. Many wheels are symmetric with respect to the valve stem, so I think it looks much better if the top of the logo points towards the valve stem

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
It always triggers my OCD when people just randomly slap the center cap in place lol. Many wheels are symmetric with respect to the valve stem, so I think it looks much better if the top of the logo points towards the valve stem
So you have the H's opposite of how they're "supposed" to be? You rebel! EVERYONE knows the bottom of the logo points to the valve stem. 😉

·
Red&Black
6,040 Posts
I absolutely ADORE these wheels. I bought a set like yours but then realized they won’t fit over my RSX Type-S brakes 🥲 I would have used them during the winter.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I absolutely ADORE these wheels. I bought a set like yours but then realized they won’t fit over my RSX Type-S brakes 🥲 I would have used them during the winter.
They clear some 11.1" brake configurations. I have them over some NSX calipers with the 11.1" rotor.

Not a whole lot of clearance, stick on weights need special consideration to clear the caliper.

Edit: RSX-S is 11.8" rotor. My bad. Probably doesn't fit inside these wheels.

·
Registered
2010, GT, manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was able to impress the dealer today with that knowledge. They were so impressed that they gave me “new” caps.

so I’m glad to inform you that all the wheels are correct now

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

1 - 17 of 17 Posts