Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda Crz Cigarette lighter port is not working. Any idea???

Is there a fuse burnt out? If yes , where is it located and fuse no#.

·
Administrator
7,521 Posts
Please go search (or click link below). Or with a test light or meter and with fuse chart on the access panel you can check or see by eye.

Here is the very detailed thread on fuses:
From the above link Fuse 13 is the accessory socket. Should be a 20 Amp fuse. 2nd column 4th from the top. Odd it is listed as a 20 amp fuse where my 2013 Owners manual says 15 Amp. Be careful!

The above presumes that the fuses and circuits are the same for a 2012 JDM CR-Z and a 2013 USDM CR-Z.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

I know you previously fixed the door switch. Did you ever put rear speakers in or replace the under hood battery?

Please keep us informed as most of us are in the US and you have a JDM CR-Z and the more differences we can document the more members are helped.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
If its not the car's fuse then it could be that dinky little fuse inside the 'cig-lighter' accessory plugs and the spring that keeps the fuse seated can also get hot and deform. Just happened to me with my 12V tire pump, stopped working, car fuse was fine, disassemble the pump's cig-lighter plug, fuse was fine but the spring was all deformed. Just stretched it out.

·
Administrator
7,521 Posts
Quick check with nothing plugged into the socket using a test light or a meter will rule that in or out or a known good device that has a light on it. I have an accessory port device that gives me 3 sockets and it has a light on the plug. also my car cords for my phone and other devices have lights on them too. Real easy check.

If its not the car's fuse then it could be that dinky little fuse inside the 'cig-lighter' accessory plugs and the spring that keeps the fuse seated can also get hot and deform. Just happened to me with my 12V tire pump, stopped working, car fuse was fine, disassemble the pump's cig-lighter plug, fuse was fine but the spring was all deformed. Just stretched it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts