Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKay i am new to this so i hope i dont post in the wrong place..Please dont hate on the newbie... Well im 18 and around time to choose my first car.. i am really stuck, i hope posting in this forum wont equal to a more biased comment BUT herehere i've been having the trouble deciding to get the new Cr-z car since 1 i could save much gas money so i'd still be able to eat if i go travel far to meet my gf wahaha but i dont know since this car only has 2 seat and if there are friends tht want to tag along cant really? im comparing this car to a mitsubishi lancer gts 2010 ver well both car appearance i both like alot but lancer gts does have abit more speed over cr-z and has back seats etc. =/ bahh choosing between cars really kills my mind i am sitll waiting to test drive the cr-z since it isnt out in canada yet.. anyone have any ideas? :pat:

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
posting here is fine... i'd start with a checklist of Needs/Wants on a car... then find a car that fits those criteria... some things to consider are;
which car FEELS better when i drive it?
is the car used for mostly city or hwy travel?
do i want more power or more miles per gallon?
which one has a better resale value?
do i want 2/3/4/5 doors?
can i see myself driving this car for a couple of years or will i just get rid of it?
which will cost less to maintain while i own it?
which will cost less to hook up ie: rims, suspension, go fast/green, etc?? (i only added this one b/c ur 18 and i'm sure ur gonna wanna hook it up)
which company has better customer service at the dealership?

some other things to consider that might not be so important are;
what color options do i have?
what technology (radio/navi/etc) options do i have?

after you've answered some of those questions, put together a list and just do a side-by-side comparison of whatever cars you have interest in...

for the two cars you're comparing the CR-Z and the Lancer GTS both Canadian trims i'm assuming... they start around the same price (Lancer is +$500 more if you add destination/inspection charges)... both use 87 Unleaded Gasoline... both with manual trans, the CR-Z gets +11mpg combined (over 10 gallons of gas, that's 110 miles further) and the CR-Z is likely to get higher than EPA whereas the GTS will get about the same as EPA, if not, less... IMO backseats are overrated, i rarely had ppl in the back of my car, i just wanted to keep it clean lol... CR-Z looks 100x better but that an opinion... but i'd say really just go back to YOUR essentials on a car...

ps: there are more things to consider but i just posted a few of them...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow thank you bizzy =] it is true sigh i only test drove the lancer ralli art n i fell inlove with it LOL but i have yet to test the lancer since i want the cr-z to come out and ready for test drives so i know that day which one is better to drive.. im most likely going to be on highways since i gota a fair bit to travel between my college to my friend's college and my house.. and i guess you are right most of the time i would be the only person in the car....aslo since Cr-z is such a new car wouldn't kits be more expensive for it? i will fill up the list =] thank you so much ^-^ hehe i was pretty upset the fact that they gave candians soo little options n killed the led headlights >.<~~~ back seat meh they are too small anyways so that i put aside also navi i could have gotten it but they dont have that as option .... meh also i have a question on how hybrid works, if the car uses both the electric motor and the engine to move then would the it be possible to use up the electric motor's batt and would the car be really slow then? or would i have to charge the car like after each drive or something hehe =P

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
wow lots of questions lol...

kits are already being made for the CR-Z search the forum for a few of them on here... being a more desired car than the GTS, the CR-Z should have a bigger crowd of aftermarket options for it...

the IMA (Honda's hybrid system) uses both gas and electric... the batteries get charged from things like cruising on hwy and the transfer of heat when braking to stop... i read about the other Honda hybrids batteries being drained from too much aggressive driving... but a few reviews i've read about the CR-Z seems to solve this problem by effectively using the battery power better and just having a bigger engine helps keep the power stable too...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH 1 more question i dont remeber where i've seen but is there like an interior glow option... i thought i've seen some options where you can add led lights aound the speakers etc xD i wonder if they have that for canada as an option =/

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Does the "Glow Pack" come with a Disco ball????? What does a glow pack have to do with driving a car, I think I have just become too old to understand. :eek2:
:rotfl:

you're not old... it's just a matter of personal taste i guess... i'd never get the stuff around my speakers but a dim light around the foot area is pretty nice... my friends GT-R came with that from the factory and i've seen it on a few Civic's... it adds a sort of comfort when driving at night if you do a lot of that...

·
Registered
25 Posts
The crz has the eyes of many lol. I have a sedan...err...hatch (insight ex) that I purchased a few months ago and I already want to trade it in for a crz. Not ready to take a big trade in hit, so I'll wait a year or two. All my buddies with hondas hate the crz because its slow...but been there, done that. I had an s2000 last year before someone smashed into me and totalled it. I love my insight but would love to get something with a bit more power, economical, fun, and 6mt...the crz is perfect.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
sounds like the CR-Z will fit your build luis... ignorant people hate on the CR-Z... i bet ur friends are the ones saying "they should just put a k20 and toss the hybrid part... it will be both fast and economical..." those people miss the point and we should be ashamed to not only know them, but to associate them with any kind of car knowledge/respect...

·
Registered
25 Posts
They are the ones that love having 300+ horsepower force fed b and k series engines. They get crap for gas mileage and something is always breaking...whether it be an axle or bolt here or there, exhaust leaks...whatever. The old crx was never meant to go fast in a straight line...people modded the heck out of them to do so. Unless you had an si, 0-60 was pretty much like the crz. And the us never got the b16 from Japan...so why all the bitching? Haha people make me laugh...I'm happy getting 50 mpg in my insight thank you very much. Hopefully in the near future ill have a crz and get better than epa ratings too

·
Registered
41 Posts
OKay i am new to this so i hope i dont post in the wrong place..Please dont hate on the newbie... Well im 18 and around time to choose my first car.. i am really stuck, i hope posting in this forum wont equal to a more biased comment BUT herehere i've been having the trouble deciding to get the new Cr-z car since 1 i could save much gas money so i'd still be able to eat if i go travel far to meet my gf wahaha but i dont know since this car only has 2 seat and if there are friends tht want to tag along cant really? im comparing this car to a mitsubishi lancer gts 2010 ver well both car appearance i both like alot but lancer gts does have abit more speed over cr-z and has back seats etc. =/ bahh choosing between cars really kills my mind i am sitll waiting to test drive the cr-z since it isnt out in canada yet.. anyone have any ideas? :pat:
A couple of points on which car to choose.

SOME CR-Z's are getting a small "back seat". I don't know if you get the back seats in Canada or not, but that would ACE the decision for me if Honda offers the back seats where you live. The small back seats are ideal, because no one would be wanting to ride with you very far in them. That way, you could always offer to drive and your buds would think you generous, but wouldn't want to take you up on the offer because of back seat torture, therefore saving you $$$ and wear and tear on your new CR-Z. Ha.

Second, and on a more serious note, resale value on Mitsubishi products is horrendous. That would be especially so on the model you are considering. It's not an EVO (which does have better resale value), so unless you want to loose half of what you pay in just a couple of years, I'd stay away from the Lancer. The resale on the CR-Z is likely to be very strong if you take reasonable care of it.

Regards,
usmcdad

·
Registered
122 Posts
Like USMCDAD, resale value is something I was going to touch on as well; Honda's hold their value exceptionally well, and even better when it's a limited production vehicle (which the CR-Z will be, at least initially)

Here's the truth about 2-seaters: Most people believe, in theory, that it's a horrible idea to purchase one because "what if I need to drive more people around with me." As long as your friends have cars, then here's the reality of it: Having a 2-seater gets you out of driving when there's more than 1 passenger, which keeps the miles lower on your car (which equates to less wear/tear inside/outside/mechanically). I bought my first car when I was 16, and it was a CRX. Thanks to the lack of back seats, we trashed all my friends cars instead of mine. That's why I still own my CRX 10 years later (today)!

Those who have owned 2-seaters will agree with me. I may be one of the only people happy that Honda left the back seats out of the North American version!

Hope that helps with your decision. But to summarize, I vote on the CR-Z without hesitation. It makes way more sense from every financial aspect (and that's the most important in the longrun), not to mention it will be extremely enjoyable to drive.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ohh wow thanks so much the resale value of mitsubishi cars are that bad? o_O meh well i guess cr-z is a fun car hehe and i am leaning more and more to it since i could also save quite abit of gas but at the same time have alittle fun with the sport mode =P hehe and true having torture seats for my friend wouldnt be good i guess x) owell thanks Usmcdad and rd118403 ;) is leaning more to cr-z more than ever xP I Cant wait till the car comes out in canada wonder when i think it's aug 10 =/ sitll long wait and its killing too! xD

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
OH 1 more question i dont remeber where i've seen but is there like an interior glow option... i thought i've seen some options where you can add led lights aound the speakers etc xD i wonder if they have that for canada as an option =/
was this part of what you were referring to??

sn: i love this actually...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.