Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the cr-z last week. Traded in a 2010 Maxima SV. Wasnt really happy with it and loved the CRz from first glance. Tein Super Streets went on a couple days ago, and my wheels just showed up tonight :D Dropping them off for paint tomorrow afternoon then hopefully install early next week. I placed my order for the C-West front lip and side skirts. They are saying roughly two month wait, but that'll give me time to put together some audio. Anyways, here's some pics:

Wheels are Blitz type 01 17x9 +38 front and 17x9.5 +38 rear. I'm def happy with the stance. Needs slight camber in front and most likely a 215/45 tire and 225/45 in the rear. I can't wait til they are painted and mounted :hyper:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome. Someone from my neck of the woods! That is some crazy wide stance you are going for there. You are really going to want the little splash guards with those if you like your paint. MY 225/45/17's on 17x8's toss up a ton of stuff.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where are you out of?

I agree, for the time being, I'll prob get some splash guards until I can get my hands on the kit. Going to be a bit before that gets out here.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We'll see how it looks once the wheels are on. I have a feeling that it wont be low enough for the wheels w/ some stretch on them, so I may be looking for some different coils :/

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A bit of an update, but sorry there aren't any pics.

Wheels are still with the painter, he hasnt had time to finish them up. The bolts are back from the powdercoater though and look great! Should be picking up the wheels tomorrow night if all goes well, then dropping off for tires right after.

Here's a build log of plans:
Wheels=
Blitz 01's - awaiting paint

Suspension=
Tein SS - installed

Exterior=
C-West - ordered (roughly 2 more months of waiting)

Audio=
Samsung galaxy tab - purchased today (will be replacing factory radio)
Audison Bit ten d- ordered (2 weeks til arrival)
Audison Voce 12" sub - ordered
Audison Voce Components - ordered (will be amplified to run in an active setup)
Audison 5.1 digital amplifier - ordered (2 month wait)

Possible options
A.M.S. rear diffuser
custom center exhaust for above
c-west wing
Spoon brakes
AEM intake
Cusco roll cage
Cusco strut bar and lower braces

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bit of an update today:

Still need to fiberglass the lower driver's side corner rounded to match the unit as well as fiberglass in the docking station to hold the tablet in place and provide hdmi out behind the dash to the sound processor, but it's getting there.

Wheels are back from the painter as well as powdercoated bolts. Tires go on tomorrow. The lips still need to be painted with the matte clear so that they are matte white pearl and just the faces are body matched. The painter didnt want to paint the lips w/ the matte clear until the tires were on just in case they got scuffed up from the tire shop since that would cause them to need to be fully repainted. so hopefully this weekend they'll be completely done and on the car. Just need to figure out what I want to do w/ the center caps....

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice. looking forward to pics of the final stance

any opinion on the Tein coilovers?
I'll let you know my opinion after the wheels are on the car. I love the way they ride. Not a complaint at all in that department. I think the back has the perfect amount of available drop. I absolutely hate that the front isn't able to go as low as the back. Don't get me wrong, they're great coilovers, but I just wish I had another 1/2-1" I could go down in front. Once the wheels go on, i'll prob end up lifting the back up a bit, so hopefully that'll drop the front down enough to look even. We'll see though. I may put these up for sale soon in search of a set of coilovers that go lower.....

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just decided to put the Teins up for sale since I already know i'll want to go lower than 2" in front. They are in the FS section. Take a look and let me know if any of you are interested!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well here are the rims mounted. I need to stop by and get the black lug nuts today and then figure out what I want to do w/ the center caps. Any ideas? LMK what you all think!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Atte!

North, I'm thinking the same thing.I'm sure i'll figure out a way to get a 1/4- 1/2 lower w/o getting the other coilovers. That setup should work fine. I would prob get the camber bolts like I did. I ended up using both sets. The front fenders are very thin, so you can actually pull them by hand to flare out a bit, but the front bumper mount is what I'm rubbing a bit on full lock. The rears I'm rubbing on the rear bumper mount. I'll end up relocating it further towards the back of the car and shaving the inner flat plastic down a bit and I should be all good. The camber bolts worked fine from the Fit. The only thing I had a problem with was the square washer that they came with. The lower bolt washer was hitting a part on the coilover so i had to modify the washer a bit.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just got the alignment done at my dealership and front is at 2.4 degrees in front and 1.7 in rear. Toe was 1.44 in front and now .01. Rear's obviously dont have toe adjustment and are at .39 Def drives a hell of a lot better now w/o the toe in front.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.