Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
with the engine cold, (i.e. 10 celcius), I had no problem. Make sure you clean the dipstick, and draw it out quickly. If it is really low, you need to fix it sharpish! My dealer was kind if insistant that I should check the oil regularly so maybe there is a hint of a known issue there...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Like tsh said, try doing it with a cold engine, and draw the dipstick out once, and clean it off, then do it again very quickly, and turn it horizontal as soon as possible. The oil is so thin that if you don't turn it horizontal it drips down to the end, making it nearly impossible to see what the actual level is...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Like tsh said, try doing it with a cold engine, and draw the dipstick out once, and clean it off, then do it again very quickly, and turn it horizontal as soon as possible. The oil is so thin that if you don't turn it horizontal it drips down to the end, making it nearly impossible to see what the actual level is...
This is the proper way to check oil. In any car w/ a dipstick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.