The IMA light came on briefly and the check engine light came on at the same time. The check engine light is still on. Any ideas? Everything seems to operating normally; mpg is normal.
Code is P0A7f
Code is P0A7f
This does not bode well"DTC P0A7F (Battery Module Deterioration) may be stored. " but do you know if this update was done to yours? Product Update: IMA Battery Software Update – 2011-2012 Honda CR-Z & 2010-2012 Insight | Honda & AcuraCode is P0a7f
Thanks for the tip speedbump. Can u explain how i would do a load test?
The IMA light was only on for a few minutes. Its the check engine light that remained. However now the check engine light has turned off. No lights on now. Should i still go for the update?
Spdbump, I thought you lived in the same state that I do, but I did not see our state on the list you attached to an earlier post.Better the free update than a constant message or having to replace the IMA battery out of his own pocket. Get the update. if you have a later model CR-Z that update is built in.
Here are his choices:
1) Ignore the warning lights and have decreased performance from the car( when IMA light is on certain things are disabled to protect the battery pack)
2) Get a Free update that may hide the issue but allow the car to work at the maximum performance it can and be more drive-able
3) Have IMA battery replaced at a cost of multi thousands of dollars if in a state where IMA is not covered.
4) Sell the car and pay a lot more to replace it.
If it were me I would get the free update no matter if it fixes the issue or hides it but allows car to be driven with no warning lights. These cars are now coming up on over 10 years old and we have to expect IMA battery issues to start coming up and each of us needs to decide what we will do when we get these issues. Mine is a 2013 and I live in a state with the middle warranty so I am hoping if my IMA fails either the federal warranty will cover it or the Honda Care I bought will. Otherwise it will be a very difficult decision as to what I would do.
The OP is in a tough spot and all I am trying to do is make suggestions to extend the period of time before he has to make that tough decision. Lowest cost option is the Update if it has not been done. No one likes to drive a car with a warning light on and reduced performance. My biggest fear for him is the car already had the update and even with it the battery is now failed and he is in a state with the lowest time/ mileage IMA warranty. Starts with a brutally honest discussion with a dealer and pray they can do something free or under the warranty.
FARMERGILES what would you do? You have a later one that has this update built in. You also live in a country that may not have an IMA warranty like we have.Your posting is not helpful no matter how correct it maybe and besides your car is not affected by this TSB. His is!
Spdbump, I thought you lived in the same state that I do, but I did not see our state on the list you attached to an earlier post.