Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I installed the cold intake on my crz I connected the negative battery cable back and started the engine I had a check engine and check system ligths in the dash, the crz starts and drives just fine however the sport mode wasn't activating.

At the moment I left the car alone and I am waiting till tomorrow morning to see if anything changed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did actually plug it half way instead of all the way in, I did plug it in properly afterwards, I am thinking of removing and putting the negative cable back again so the ecu resets again.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I did actually plug it half way instead of all the way in, I did plug it in properly afterwards, I am thinking of removing and putting the negative cable back again so the ecu resets again.
Proper way is to retrieve the code first. Then ideally if the code is just for that improperly plugged intake sensor clear the code with a scan tool.

Disconnecting the battery won't tell you anything and it will take quite a bit of driving before the OBD system is ready again meanwhile you're in open loop the entire time and the code may have been for something else, only to return after several days worth of start-ups and driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts