Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my "Check Airbag" light came on on my 2015 CR-Z. The next few times I drove my car, no light. Then yesterday the light is on again and is staying on. Does this mean I have one of the defective Takata airbags or is it something else? Should I worry about this thing blowing up in my face?

·
Registered
2015 Honda CR-Z Base MT PWP
48 Posts
Definitely check to see if your car has any open recalls.

From my own experience, it could also be a broken/damaged clock spring though that seems unlikely unless you've taken apart your steering wheel or had your steering rack detached recently.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you don't have an outstanding airbag recall then.........

You need the proper airbag codes from the car..
You need an HDS or equivalent tool to get them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Recently my "Check Airbag" light came on on my 2015 CR-Z. The next few times I drove my car, no light. Then yesterday the light is on again and is staying on. Does this mean I have one of the defective Takata airbags or is it something else? Should I worry about this thing blowing up in my face?
I have a 2011 CR-Z EX Mugen, 6 speed, 104.000. The "CHECK AIR BAG " light will come on when the charging indicator lights fall below 2 bars, I've had Honda look at it, but NO luck, I've replaced the 12 volt battery!! It's rare that it happens on my car, but it's not too worrisome , My Hybrid battery is still doing well, It may happen once every 5 months.

·
Super Moderator
6,491 Posts
Low or bad battery will generally trigger IMA, Check engine, Vehicle stability and or ABS lights NOT airbag. Some or all of them except Airbag. If airbag light is on have your car checked and make sure airbag recall was done (2016 was not affected by recall). It is unacceptable to me to ignore something that can kill you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts