Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
K-RZ [email protected], 551 Hp 400 TQ
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In last month i was contacted by person from Malaysia that he has Zf2 chassis 2013 Honda CRZ and he wanted k24 swap but was on tight budget. Also previously no Zf2 K-swap has been documented and they were worried about the wiring portion and wanted my help.
Long story short,the swap underwent and was a success in just near 2000$.
He sent me pics and videos. It was a great learning experience for both sides.
This build will include mostly pictures and videos and my comments on it explaining.
The purpose of this build was save as much $$ as possible and so we discovered few interesting facts like
CRZ OEM Oxygen sensors will work
What are the bolt-on axles for CRZ k-swap
what OEM Honda Airbox Fits
Shifting battery to trunk using IMA cables
Using OEM CRZ gearbox
Not using k-tuner or Hondata Flashpro
Using MAAF sensor.
Using OEM CRZ exhaust etc etc
Using OEM CRZ beake Booster
Using FN2R ECU and wiring(never used before,or documented)
Using Custom mounts(HAsport copies,slightly modified)
Using k24a3 engine with 6 speed manual transmission(not used previously),because its not compatible with HAsport mounts
Using shifter cables which came with k24a3 engine.
Using S+ button to push start car.
Finding the Zf2 wiring diagrams and civic si 2013 ones

As you see,its the most OEM parts used in this build.Some from CRZ and some from k24. and it will just look like CRZ came with it.same Honda look

Lets begin than.Pictures and videos may not be of high quality.
He contacted me when he was buying this engine.Includes a k24a3(k24a2 in USA) with 6 speed manual gear,(AST5),Shifter and cables.
Prices are in RM(Malasian Ringet) 1USD=4RM. So to calculate just divide a price with 4.

Arrived

The engine was delivered an an exchange deal for CRZ engine and tranny plus shifter cables. Not a bad deal i think.

FD2R wiring and ECU

AST5 tranny(its most common one which comes with a k24 engine)

Engine serial.Note the RBB number. This is the best k24. So if you are confused about it,just look for RBB

As usual when buying an engine,always look inside. Gives you rough idea about condition. We are looking for clean insides not oily sludgy.

Wiring Fn2R

White one is the ECU Plug-A which need most wiring.

and this grip.

The Fn2 fuse box is not needed as CRZ has its own inside cabin.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nice guide again.. Another alternative is K20Z2 5MT from 06-11 Civic (JDM).

By the way, RM1,234 is not the real price. RB1 absolute K24A3 complete set is around RM4,500 to 6,000 here ($1000~$1500).

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next were the mounts. As we know a CR-V side engine bracket is need in k-swaps.(not for k24a1 & k20's because they already come with it )

Trial Engine installing and leveling

On Engine belt side HAsport copy mount is being used.i.e same as HAsport. On Transmission side OEM CRZ mount with a custom bracket is being used

Engine side mount,replica of HAsport mount

Another view

Tranny side moint close view

Side view

Its so simple

In this build i will emphasize only on newer things done in this swap.For detailed things you can see my other build.
Next is bottom trasnmission mount. It is again suing OEM CRZ mount plus a custom bracket.

Another view

Customer was worried that this will be weak becasue all the pressure comes on this mount when car accelerates hard,so a strong one was made. This clearly shows how this bracket works

After the engine is mounted Wiring is being done.

I will cover rest in next post

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One thing you will note in the pics is that IMA orange wire is still in engine bay,the reason is that this is best time and wires to shift battery in truck of car.

The IMA wires can hold 144 volts. So carrying 12v of battery and few other electrical load is piece of cake for them. Just attach the wires to where battery positive terminal was.

In truck you can choose any location now

Having more grounds is always good. Ground it in truck as well in engine bay

This clears a lot space in engine bay as well as tidy things up and you can fit a cold intake if you want or an OEM k24 intake as this user did

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to User M1keBr0wn we now have ECU pinouts of CRZ 2013+ (Zf2 and Civic Si 2013+).
I am posting Plug-A only because thats what is needed. But also attaching the PDF version with with post which has all the Plugs pinouts.
1at the CRZ ones,its 49 pin plug( A) with white color.

Civic Si 2013+ Plug-A

Rest of wiring you can use my guide from my other build which guides how to wire Injectors,spark plugs,grounds,etc etc

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello All.. Thanks for the information! I personally own a 2013 CRZ with S+ button so that means I will be looking for a 2013-2015 Civic Si harness/ECU. That part now is understood...
Next question I have is that I see the posted 2013si and 2013CRZ pin outs for plug A, has anyone seen or made a chart showing the changes that need to be made for the ZF2? The 06-11 si has a chart showing the various changes needed to plug A and that seems like a great guide to have.
If a chart does not exist can someone explain how to read the 2 Ecu pin outs to made the changes needed.
I’m sure once I look it over I will become more clear but would like the experience from this great Forum! Thanks again

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello All.. Thanks for the information! I personally own a 2013 CRZ with S+ button so that means I will be looking for a 2013-2015 Civic Si harness/ECU. That part now is understood...
Next question I have is that I see the posted 2013si and 2013CRZ pin outs for plug A, has anyone seen or made a chart showing the changes that need to be made for the ZF2? The 06-11 si has a chart showing the various changes needed to plug A and that seems like a great guide to have.
If a chart does not exist can someone explain how to read the 2 Ecu pin outs to made the changes needed.
I’m sure once I look it over I will become more clear but would like the experience from this great Forum! Thanks again
I have been busy lately,so could not reply. No one has made a chart yet but its easy just make your own i a microsft word file by comparing the two.
and as for reading of pinout goes,there are numbers written on back side of all the ecu plugs. Read from there.
When i get free time i will make a chart to make things easy

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
This build will be covered in my K-Swap Guide .The video series.
All the routes,k24 or k20 in a Honda CR-Z Zf1 chassis aswell as Zf2
Honda Fit Hybrid,Honda Fit GE,Fit GK or tip to do it in modern Honda.
Save the money and labour.Learn to do it with yourself.

Complete k swap guide part1

Complete K swap Guide Part 2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts