Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 2011 CRZ Manual EX Navi and fell in love with the car. I will keep this car until it won't run anymore but I want to keep it going as long as I can. I've been looking up exhausts and love the sound of the center exhausts I've seen from Noblesse, Remus, and HPD. I would prefer the HPD since it has the best of both noise and comfort for whatever driving style. The problem is that all these exhausts are out of stock and/or discontinued. My questions are this, are there any places for aftermarket parts still shipping for our cars? Some of the sites seem shady ie Danaport(Bad reviews on keeping money). Are there good sites for exhausts specifically? I am a lurker so I have a low post count and can't post in classifieds yet. Any help from senior members would be appreciated to guide me in the right direction. Also, some of these exhausts, I never saw anything about the O2 sensor and if these account for it.

· Premium Member
9,067 Posts
The car was discontinued in 2016. Most car parts that are unique to specific model are only legally required to be available for 5 years as replacement parts. HPD being specialized optional lower availability parts may not have had the same legal length of availability time. Good luck but IMO you are too late to the party.

If you really want a center exhaust, and you want to keep the emissions' system happy you just need a CAT back system as the sensors are only on the front CAT you can if you wish eliminate the second cat. You may want to talk to a custom exhaust shop and get what you really want. You will also need a custom Diffuser or some creative body work.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I'm late. And the tuner market is dying with the economy. It's a bad time to love cars. I was thinking that route. Emissions inspections don't happen where I am, I guess I will have to make something the ecu happy somehow if I do go the straight pipe route. I am pretty new to exhausts and relied and manufactures including what mufflers and resonators make a great pairing. I guess I will have to learn if I want to get what I want at this point. Or look harder. Thanks for the reply!

· Premium Member
9,067 Posts
Cat back means you keep the emissions' system intact. As I stated we have 2 Cats you only need to retain the one between the O2 sensors, you can have something made to replace from that point to the rear.

· Modified 2016
1,537 Posts
So I bought a 2011 CRZ Manual EX Navi and fell in love with the car. I will keep this car until it won't run anymore but I want to keep it going as long as I can. I've been looking up exhausts and love the sound of the center exhausts I've seen from Noblesse, Remus, and HPD. I would prefer the HPD since it has the best of both noise and comfort for whatever driving style. The problem is that all these exhausts are out of stock and/or discontinued. My questions are this, are there any places for aftermarket parts still shipping for our cars? Some of the sites seem shady ie Danaport(Bad reviews on keeping money). Are there good sites for exhausts specifically? I am a lurker so I have a low post count and can't post in classifieds yet. Any help from senior members would be appreciated to guide me in the right direction. Also, some of these exhausts, I never saw anything about the O2 sensor and if these account for it.
If you really want... You can do what I did on my 16 and get the rear diffuser trimmed. I Installed the HPD exhaust on my 16 and had the diffuser trimmed to fit the exhaust. Will save you a little money if you want to go the custom route.

Reactions: Spdbump and Fediej

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you really want... You can do what I did on my 16 and get the rear diffuser trimmed. I Installed the HPD exhaust on my 16 and had the diffuser trimmed to fit the exhaust. Will save you a little money if you want to go the custom route.
Thanks for all the replies. I finally found a Remus center Exhaust. It'll take months to get here but I've searched high and low for one HPD being first pick, and Noblesse just being outrageously priced for the US market. @tikeybun, would have loved to go that route if there were any HPD available.... I even contacted Borla and HPD. Guys at HPD were super helpful but as one poster stated they are only legally obligated to carry parts for 5 years and it's been 5 years since the discontinuation of the CRZ in 2017. So it says backordered but many dealerships have put the part on deletion list. Even so I am excited and my next project will be getting the HPD supercharger which should be easier to obtain... At least that's the hope.
Cat back means you keep the emissions' system intact. As I stated we have 2 Cats you only need to retain the one between the O2 sensors, you can have something made to replace from that point to the rear.
Okay good. I was wondering if any of these deleted them with a straight pipe but that answers my question since the Remus is a catback. Will be posting results and if it's shipped! Thanks again guys!

· Premium Member
9,067 Posts
If you are into that for whatever reason, you can delete the rear most Cat. I seem to remember someone had something custom-made to get the center exhaust, and they eliminated the second CAT. But I am maybe misremembering. Hopefully you get what you want from this modification.

Thanks for all the replies. I finally found a Remus center Exhaust. It'll take months to get here but I've searched high and low for one HPD being first pick, and Noblesse just being outrageously priced for the US market. @tikeybun, would have loved to go that route if there were any HPD available.... I even contacted Borla and HPD. Guys at HPD were super helpful but as one poster stated they are only legally obligated to carry parts for 5 years and it's been 5 years since the discontinuation of the CRZ in 2017. So it says backordered but many dealerships have put the part on deletion list. Even so I am excited and my next project will be getting the HPD supercharger which should be easier to obtain... At least that's the hope.

Okay good. I was wondering if any of these deleted them with a straight pipe but that answers my question since the Remus is a catback. Will be posting results and if it's shipped! Thanks again guys!

· Registered
2,822 Posts

Kamispeed made a direct swap delete pipe for the catalytic converter that wasn't too expensive. Check with them to see if they still carry one.

· Registered
2013 Honda CR-Z w/ HPD supercharger
534 Posts

If you're looking for other exhaust options, I made an a resources thread for anyone to browse for parts all from Japan. It's a misconception that the prices are nuts because the conversion rate between USD and Yen is favorable to the dollar right now. I deleted both cats, had the car tuned and it runs great with no CEL. If you need help or someone to buy from you can PM me and I can tell you how to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts