Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed for a CR-Z today and got offered the accessory guide. Put down for the center armrest as the only accessory I want. It never hit me there wasn't one during the test drives (probably since I was busy playing with buttons and the paddles) Coming from my Civic I realize I couldn't do without one, since I use it to rest my arm on long trips as I alter which hand holds the wheel. My car will be CVT. I think this would get in the way for you obsolete stick drivers :giggle:

My dealer just got the guide in for accessories. No prices - they expect it to cost the same as the Fit armrest. From the pic looks like gray leather, storage area, and all flips up if needed.

Who else or has anyone purchased one yet?

Mostly wondering as to how high they mount. Can't have it to high so it becomes uncomfortable to rest on.

·
Registered
579 Posts
yea, about that. The one i test drove had it. I told them I wanted everything like that w/o navi. Mine didnt come with it. So I complained and they said..oh well it wasnt on the aggrement thing. I'm like..huh? Pissed me off. Stealership. Whatever, I'll buy it on my own if I hae to.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Has anyone got the 6 speed manual and the armrest? Does it get in the way? I need to know as I'm about to finalise my extras (of which there are £2270 worth that I want). Worst case I can flip it up to vertical position while driving if it does get in the way.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just had the armrest fitted to my 6 speed Sport & no problem for gear changing. Handbrake is abit close, but not really a problem. As you say it can be flipped up if need be....but I think it will be well useful on longer/motorway trips.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
like the OP said, the Civic comes with an armrest and i had no issue whatsoever driving my Si with it... in fact it was quite the opposite... i was able to lazy-shift with my arm resting on the armrest and with the short-throw gearbox on the Si and similar on the CR-Z, you should be able to change the gear just by flicking your wrist like i did...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Just had the armrest fitted to my 6 speed Sport & no problem for gear changing. Handbrake is abit close, but not really a problem. As you say it can be flipped up if need be....but I think it will be well useful on longer/motorway trips.
Excellent. Did you install it yourself? I'm curious how much of the rear trim is removed: is it just a section behind the parking brake that is replaced?

How are you going to live without a third cupholder?? :p

·
Registered
118 Posts
I purchased that, the splash guards and rear cargo tray from our sponsor College Hills Honda. Very reasonable prices and super quick shipping, I'll let you know how the install goes.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I purchased that, the splash guards and rear cargo tray from our sponsor College Hills Honda. Very reasonable prices and super quick shipping, I'll let you know how the install goes.
Cool. Take a pic of the install guide if you get the chance.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Excellent. Did you install it yourself? I'm curious how much of the rear trim is removed: is it just a section behind the parking brake that is replaced?

How are you going to live without a third cupholder?? :p
Hi JnC,
Dealer installed the armrest as it was part of the 'Comfort' pack here in the UK. Seems like it just clicks into place....see attached photo of the removed cup holder.
Must admit the cup holder was useful to hold a bottle of wine (unopened!):beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hi JnC,
Dealer installed the armrest as it was part of the 'Comfort' pack here in the UK. Seems like it just clicks into place....see attached photo of the removed cup holder.
So no screws at all, just snaps into place? Either way looks like a straightforward DIY. Although they'll warranty it for 3 yrs here if its done prior to transfer to the customer.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Has anyone got the 6 speed manual and the armrest? Does it get in the way? I need to know as I'm about to finalise my extras (of which there are £2270 worth that I want). Worst case I can flip it up to vertical position while driving if it does get in the way.
Strange on how some models come with certian things and others dont. The autos at the delearship had the armrest, but not the manual I got. I got the lit door sills, but the autos didnt. But they all had the splash guards. The guards only look good on the black car, cuz they are black. They look kinda goofy on any other color imo. Especially white. Maybe if they were color matched. They'd be okay.

I was pissed when my didnt come with the armrest when the one i testdrove did. I contested it. Butthey wouldnt budge. I'm like..for an armrest your giving me a hard time. *sigh* I hate delearsships. They wanna give me all this warrenties and stuff, free tires, free oil changes, but no armrest which shoulda been included. I told them, I wanted everything but the navigation that was on the car i drove.

Whatever!

that's awesome news Dave... thanks for sharing that picture :thumbup:
Its funny, the instructions for this require you to completely take apart the center console and part of the dash. When all you need is like one of the steps. Cuz they show you using a drill bit to unscrew, when you can use a wrachet or wrench to just unscrew it and unsnap the clips. Silly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
As I said earlier, I didn't fit the armrest myself, so I can't comment on how easy it is to fit! The photo was to show the removed part....there are no screws/holes in that part, just 7 plastic clips. Also a small slot on the lower nearside (on photo) to insert flat screwdriver to prise off??:mellow:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Thanks Dave. Can you post a pic of the underside of the removed part? That will show me precisely where the clips are.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.