Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I might want a cargo tray. CR-Z is my only car and and times I carry things around that I need for the lawn...you know gas for the mower, bags of dirt and fertilizer and such. I know what the cargo mat is like as I had one in my Accord, but I want to know about the tray.

So, if anyone has this tray can you answer a couple questions for me: What is it made of? Is is something like a really hard plastic, foam, or rubber? Also, when it is in the car can you still use the roll-up cover down in the lower (on the floor) position? I like to put it down there and roll it up diagonally when getting groceries as it keeps them from sliding all over the place.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
It's just a flexible rubber tray. Was nice to have it when I went scuba diving yesterday. I was actually surprised that I could fit all my gear in the car. It's well worth getting. Stops stuff sliding around in the back, and it protects the trunk when carrying things that might spill.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I had one of the trays in my Civic Coupe and my CR-Z came with one and the all weather floor mats (and standard carpeted mats.) The cargo tray is great at keeping things from sliding around so much back there. Plus it's a lot easier to clean than the carpet would be. If you have a model with the subwoofer in the hatch, there's a piece you cut out to accomodate it. Well worth it. :)

Lee

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the answers, sounds like that's what I need.

Basically I just wanted to make sure it was the nice rubber...I remember seeing some of the earlier Honda cargo trays in late 90s cars. They were more of a plasticy material...kinda like a plastic bed liner for a truck. I wanted to be sure it wasn't like that, I never liked those that much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.