Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to be the first to post a problem I'm having but at least its a minor nitpick.

The retractable cover for the cargo area in my car makes an annoying rattle. Especially when its in the top position. Sounds like just something hitting on the metal casing. Anyone else noticed such a thing? I might just see if I can fix it or ask the dealer about it. Trying to find out if its" normal" or just a one off thing for me.

· Registered
16 Posts
I was about to post this as well. I have a rattle coming from the rear passenger side hatch area. I don't think it's the cover since when I took it out I still had the rattle. It sounds as though there is a loose metal wire in the back. I will be taking it to the dealer in the next few weeks but it would be great to hear from someone who had it and fixed it.

· Registered
46 Posts
I have noticed this rattle issue as well. I have also noticed it without the rear cover in the car so it's not the source for me at least.

While I was washing the car today I noticed both the rear license plate lights are loose. They don't appear to use screws to hold them in place but seem to be clipped onto the bumper from the inside. I can not tell if there is enough play in them to be the cause of the noise though. I will try to wedge something in there temporarily to see if it stops the noise and go from there.

· Registered
16 Posts
If you take off the license plate and feel the inner bumper, there is a wire thas is somewhat loose that has a weird aluminum type tape that may brush on the body. Even though i attached the wire to the body, i still have a rattle from the passanger side hatch area.

By the way to the sub 30k rattle comment, my 335i rattles more than any other car i have ever owned. More $s does not equal to less rattle.

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well....my rattle seems to have "healed". I haven't noticed it in the past couple days. Maybe it's gone for good :hi5:

And if your friend is making fun of you having a sub 30k car, just remember that is just jealously for not being smart enough to buy a cheaper car :thumbsup: I'm glad I've continued to stick with Honda, it's nice to be comfortable knowing I won't have to throw money at my car left and right for repairs. Even if I had to replace the battery out-of-warranty on this car, I bet it would still come out with less $$$ on maintenance and repairs than a BMW.

· Registered
1,609 Posts
on my way home yesterday i had the radio down and i heard some rattle from the back, will try to get a friend to drive while i go in the back to see if i can pin point the noise.

Yeah thanks for bringing this to my attention(comedic sarcazm)

· Registered
120 Posts
Hmm, I guess I should turn down my stereo sometime I havent noticed.

I drove around town one time with the radio off in my Mustang at 45k miles. That was a mistake. :eek:

· Registered
93 Posts
Wow, i have noticed this same rattle in my car over the past few days. It sounds like the right rear. Going to take down the cargo cover tonight to see if the rattle goes away.

· Registered
232 Posts
So, I'm detailing my crz (the second time in two weeks, ha) and decided to pinpoint my rattle between coats of wax.

The rattle I hear from the back right corner is not from the cargo cover. Instead it is coming from the roughly 1' square trim piece of plastic opposite the sub. It's the piece on the passenger side between you and the cover mount when you're facing your trunk.

Tap on the piece and see if it matches the sound of your rattle. Mine does. There's a small indent where you can use a screwdriver to snap this piece out. I think I'm going to do just that and put some dynomat on the back and small pieces of electrical tape under the seams.

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think you've found the rattle :D

Mine came back and once I took out the cover it was exactly what you said. Funny thing was when the cover is in I could manipulate it to the point that the rattle would go away.

Not sure if I'll fix it or have the dealer do it. If they fix it they will have a record of a rattle and enough of those will get us a TSB maybe. That and they have some of the nice vibration reducing tape that is so expensive. Good stuff for rattles, but expensive and I don't have any anymore.

· Registered
16 Posts
I took a look at the cover which I assume is the one that is about 1ft X 1ft in the rear hatch passenger. I took the cover out and noticed that it had a white insulation piece on it. Please let me know if this is what you are referring to. Unfortunately I still hear the rattle with it off which sounds like a couple of pennies touching each other. I even took out the spare tire, the tools along with the styrofoam type inserts and still have the rattle. I guess I will take it to the dealer when I have the time.

· Registered
11 Posts
Thank goodness I am not going crazy, I have noticed this rattle over the last week and a bit. I removed the cargo cover, checked the seatbelts and rear seats but couldn't find it. I hall check that plastic bit in a bit, fingers crossed!

1 - 20 of 144 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.