Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhh, nothing better than cruising canyons. Legal speeds and squealing tires - next best thing to Autocross

Angeles Forest Highway has a nice 55mph speed limit, and a lot of curves :thumbsup: I'm definitely hitting up Bouquet Canyon and Spunky Canyon. For those not in the know, Bouquet is just a fun little canyon near me, and Spunky is an offshoot that's VERY tight and twisty.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Sweet! you got me curious about the canyons, so found some footage! (assuming of course, that is the "right" Spunky Canyon)

Nice roads! CO got some decent roads also... the 'Z eats them up!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, that's in the right spot. Fun time, just short. Route 2 (Angeles Forest Highway) is alot longer. Its like 22 miles. Bouquet is relatively short (Maybe 10 miles) And spunky is only like 5 miles.

And I can't wait to find how the Z does. Since I bought this car in Texas, I haven't actually enjoyed it. But, now that I am back in Cali and the wife is working, the canyons are calling lol.

I'd bet that the Rocky's have some awesome roads. Got any good ones near you? I think the tail of the dragon will be near me when I move to Virginia Beach area. If so, I want to hit that up for sure

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I want to go there since June but Angeles Crest Highway is closed. It was still closed last time I passed by (from 210) 3 weeks ago. You may need to take another route to get to Angeles Forest Highway if you are going from the south.

I've been to 23 from 110 to pacific coast highway. 110--> 23--> Decker Canyon Rd --> Decker Rd-->1. It is a low speed "circuit" with lots of turns and curves. About 12 miles long. I imagine it will be great to drive a go-kart there and CR-Z is a close one.
http://www.crzforum.com/forum/10631-post75.html

There is another route at the east. San Gabriel Canyon Rd, 39. Starting from Azusa Ave. I've been there with friends or myself over 10 times. We don't fellow 39 all the way.
210-->39--> E Fork Rd--> Glendora Mountain Rd (also known as GMR). A Chinese guy crashed his new GT-R there last year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXKUd8oCKSQ

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, got an okay, video, but one problem - I can't get it off the wifes camera. We are packing, so I have no idea where the cable is. Anyway, I had alot of fun.

You were completely right. The Z never felt unsettled. It rotated through the corners nicely. It honestly felt as balanced as my MR2.

And I never did go near Angeles Crest. I went through Bouquet, since that is basically my home stomping ground lol.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Cool! Glad you had fun!

Have you still got the stock tires? If so, just wait until you get some good sticky tires on... then it is really on rails.

I came off of a 45mph road today and hung a left 90 at about 40.. no tire squeal, it just tracked... minimal body roll.. it was just fun. Laid a fairly wide line on it and kept it smooth, used all of the lane.. no problem. My girlfriend was with me, and she didn't even squeak... and she hates fast maneuvers.. she just said "wow, that felt smooth"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.