Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
When you say "power upgrade" do you mean in terms of the car having more "pep" from the drivetrain or in terms of being able to hold assist for more time?
Well the OEM Lithium is 15kw out of the box so that's more 'pep' than Nimh.

The Lithium and Nimh batteries have broadly similar ah capacity, so any differences in holding assist duration etc are probably not great..

But the Lithium pack delivers more power (watts) for that same duration because the pack voltage is ~50% higher.

Watts = Volts x Amps :p

Registered
Well the OEM Lithium is 15kw out of the box so that's more 'pep' than Nimh.

The Lithium and Nimh batteries have broadly similar ah capacity, so any differences in holding assist duration etc are probably not great..

But the Lithium pack delivers more power (watts) for that same duration because the pack voltage is nearly 50% higher.

Watts = Volts x Amps :p
P=IV is the one of the most underrated equation.

Btw, really good work and I respect your knowledge !

Registered
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Practical help needed..

I need some FCAN data grabs (via the OBDII port) from a running Lithium manual car. (No harness hacking involved)

I only had the Lithium ECM and PCM modules connected together to grab data with my crude bench setup.
So I maybe missing important Lithium car only messages. :unsure:

There are are a multitude of other systems on that FCAN BUS and I will likely need a full Lithium capture to compare ID's with my Nimh car

Any volunteers with a Lithium manual car especially in the UK and within 150 miles of Hull?
I can pop over and only need ten minutes in your car with my laptop and CAN adapter.
There is no danger of car damage this is listening to the BUS only. (y)

This is your chance to help support these projects in a practical way at no cost.. :cool:

If someone has a CAN adapter, laptop and lithium manual car in the US or anywhere else, of course that should also be doable.....

Please let me know asap.. Thanks Peter. (UK)

Registered
Discussion Starter #47
I didn't catch if you said during the swap if the "sport/normal/eco" all work correctly?
Yes they are... (y)

The only glitch at the moment is the non critical FCAN comms error, which as mentioned is probably due to a missing CAN packet or BUS acknowledgment.
Hence my call for some CAN data gathering help.. ;)

Registered
Yes they are... (y)

The only glitch at the moment is the non critical FCAN comms error, which as mentioned is probably due to a missing CAN packet or BUS acknowledgment.
Hence my call for some CAN data gathering help.. ;)
what are you looking for? diagram or ecu code data or TSB

Registered
I kinda of thought this was the case, I just wasn't sure if something went on to make the voltage step down along the way...

I kinda want to do this now.
Do this or wait til these guys replace the cells with even higher AH:

Registered
I can give the scanner data. even the scanner doesn't list FCAN. please give me the actual code or history code

the file extension won't allow for posting the entire file. So, I have to do screenshots. It would help if I had the ECU codes and the Body CAN codes to actually go to the correct controller. I don't see what you asked for under the IAM battery module.

sorry, I didn't catch my typo... I meant IMA
I hope no one got confused

Attachments

Premium Member
I can give the scanner data. even the scanner doesn't list FCAN. please give me the actual code or history code
Man you guys are really going for it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
sorry, I didn't catch my typo... I meant IMA
I hope no one got confused
I have an HDS so have all the data you have posted, but thanks for the offer. :cool:
However I do like your little graphs. (y)

What I need is someone with a CAN bus sniffing tool like CANDO to connect to the FCAN in a LITHIUM car and give me list of all the messages that are being passed on it.

CANdo - CAN Bus Analyser

I need to know the message ID's, length 1-8 bytes, and transmission frequency.

There are probably at least 20+ id's on the FCAN bus. (See example below)

I do have a prospective volunteer in the UK who will let me plug into his car and he is about 1hr away from me.
His car is not available for a few days though so I will have to wait a bit for now.

To be fair the car works perfectly as is apart from the FCAN data error at present.

Re file extensions. PDF is permitted so you can zip stuff up then rename the file to a PDF. ;)
(We do that a lot on here for hex, zip etc and various other files)

Registered
I am using a Snap-on scanner with Shop stream connect. These scanners have there own file extension not supported by windows.

The data I collected is off my drive home about 10 miles. It has about 15 worth of data for a NImh battery. I got all the pids listed in the car's computer. I am asking for the trouble code because I would shot a video of the SIN weave with all the peaks & lows.

Registered
I meant 15 minutes worth of data.

Are you using a scanner, computer or something else?

Just wondering. The data I got is similar to using an oscilloscope. I hope 馃 I was a little helpful.

Registered
the On board computer of your car is for a nickel metal hydrate battery. I have a 2011 6-speed manual.
What you are using is more complicated with the lack of pid# names. I am thinking you will end up searching wire by wire looking for the error.
I want to help. We will have to find a way to convert my data so you can use it

Registered
Practical help needed..

I need some FCAN data grabs (via the OBDII port) from a running Lithium manual car. (No harness hacking involved)

I only had the Lithium ECM and PCM modules connected together to grab data with my crude bench setup.
So I maybe missing important Lithium car only messages. :unsure:

There are are a multitude of other systems on that FCAN BUS and I will likely need a full Lithium capture to compare ID's with my Nimh car

Any volunteers with a Lithium manual car especially in the UK and within 150 miles of Hull?
I can pop over and only need ten minutes in your car with my laptop and CAN adapter.
There is no danger of car damage this is listening to the BUS only. (y)

This is your chance to help support these projects in a practical way at no cost.. :cool:

If someone has a CAN adapter, laptop and lithium manual car in the US or anywhere else, of course that should also be doable.....

Please let me know asap.. Thanks Peter. (UK)
Would happily support you on this one Peter but I'm down on the south coast near Brighton.
Hopefully some one closer with a Lithium can step up and help out.
Keep up the good work (y)

41 - 60 of 80 Posts