Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z Ex (6MT)
28 Posts
It gives you more power baby! It allows you to use both intake valves in the lower rpm vs the crz only using 1 valve for fuel economy. It also gives you a bigger lobe for VTEC duration compared to the Zs. It's a straightforward swap. All you need is the Spoon Sports camshaft kit or if you can source a 09-13 Honda Fit (US) camshaft and rocker assembly and this might vary if you're outside the US as they run different motors for different years and models. It's basically the same thing as Spoon's Kit without the price tag. All you need is the 1. Camshaft, 2. Rocker Assembly, 3. Tuner/Programmer (Ktuner or Hondata) might be different options if you're out of the US market. (I'm in the US) Also! be careful on the recall on the LMA lost motion assembly on some of 09-10 models of the Honda Fit(US) Just check the vin number on the car you pull this part from and you'll be good. LMAs are cheap from HONDA for about 10-15$ a piece. You'll need 4 in total. Here's a pic of mine that I just did a LMA replacement on.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z Ex (6MT)
28 Posts
Did u go spoon or ge8
They are to my knowledge the exact same thing. Spoon or GE8 it's just a rebrand of the stock part. It's much cheaper source out a GE8 motor and rip the parts out. You can buy a whole L15A7 for 300-500$ and save lots of money with extra parts as spares.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts