Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I ordered the Tein H. Tech springs. With such a modest drop, do you guys think I need to get a camber kit. It's barely a 1" drop. I had s. techs on my prelude and it was like 1.5 front and 1.4 rear and I don't recall having any issues with tire wear. It wasn't untill I got coil overs, did i recall having serious issues with tire wear. I know some of you guys got the H. techs. I wanted to know from you guys as well if your noticing any bad tire wear or got a camber kit. Most forums that I've searched on the same matter, seemed to not need a camber kit. And they even had a more aggresive drops with their H. Techs. On some cars, the H. techs are more than 1". So i figure I wouldnt need a camber kit.

I plan to get an alignment right after of course. What's your guys' input? I'd like to know before I install them. I wanna do things right this time with the crz the first time around. Thanks.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also wanted to ask about shocks/struts, since It's on my mind. I had S techs on my 00 prelude. My brother also had S. techs on his 03 spec v. Neither one of us had strut/shock issues in the years we ran that suspension. We also didnt need camber kits either and never had real issues with tire wear. The reason I'm asking in this thread, is because the crz is a much newer car than the spec v was or the prelude. Perhaps the geometry of the suspension on todays cars are different. I dont know. Any expanse on this topic would be greatly appreciated as well. Once again, most pple on other forums are saying stock shocks/struts should be okay. But this is a crz forum. So I'd like to know from fellow crz'rs.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! Few more questions: *lol* I was planning on getting an alignment right after installation like most would. I've read in some forums to wait a while to let the springs settle. I dont think that's a good idea myself. I should get it soon after installing like I always have in the past. What do you think?

Also, how long did it take you to have them installed and any special modifications that needed to be done, like any cutting or silly crap like that?

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Just had mine lowered with Eibachs. Alignment directly after. No Camber issues. Also put 20mm H&R DRM spacers on the rear. Honda 17" rims/tires.

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/handling-suspension/3245-going-do-eibach-pro-series-springs.html

Plenty of pics. Will be taking back to the performance shop next week to check torque on spacers and re-check alignment.

Would think you would get the same results from the Teins.. And also would like to see your pics once they are on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.