Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 6MT CRZ drives like my 2006 Audi A4 T with a 6MT (in sport mode of course). I love it. And of course with Honda comes legendary reliability. I can't really say the same for Audi (Audi/german import owners know what I am talking about). I wanted to ask what people thought about the CR-Z compared with other sports cars they've had in the past (specifically german and japanese cars)? I can say I love the new car, but I'd be interested in hearing from say an ex-porsche or bimmer owner. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
i drove my brother's BMW 330ci if that counts. and i didn't like the clutch in it much.

about the car itself it got really bad in Canadian winter cus the windows kept freezing

(these cars have no upper trim on the door, for the door to open the window rolls down a bit as you pull the handle so it can come out with the door. but since it was freezing and not rolling down that little bit it was really hard to open the door...)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, any car for that matter. Doesn't have to be a European import. I had had a ford contour, chevy malibu and 96 honda accord before the audi and this CR-Z. The only cars that stand out for me are the contour (my first car, great handling, weak engine) and the accord (fun as hell to drive). So the Audi was my first seriously made car and I have to say I longed for my old g/f (the honda). It was fun to drive, but I sort of felt like an ass driving it. The CR-Z is amazing. Fun to drive, handles well, nerdy tech stuff and I don't feel like an ass driving it. And it is kind of fun wasting people at red lights with a hybrid. I think Honda really hit on a market with this car. I know a lot of die hards wish maybe the CR-Z had a powerful turbo in it and that would probably make it an amazing car, but it's awesome to have a car in which I feel like I can really control and contribute to improving its gas mileage, that's comfortable, fun, and I think most importantly, cheap to maintain while being reliable.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Yeah, any car for that matter. Doesn't have to be a European import. I had had a ford contour, chevy malibu and 96 honda accord before the audi and this CR-Z. The only cars that stand out for me are the contour (my first car, great handling, weak engine) and the accord (fun as hell to drive). So the Audi was my first seriously made car and I have to say I longed for my old g/f (the honda). It was fun to drive, but I sort of felt like an ass driving it. The CR-Z is amazing. Fun to drive, handles well, nerdy tech stuff and I don't feel like an ass driving it. And it is kind of fun wasting people at red lights with a hybrid. I think Honda really hit on a market with this car. I know a lot of die hards wish maybe the CR-Z had a powerful turbo in it and that would probably make it an amazing car, but it's awesome to have a car in which I feel like I can really control and contribute to improving its gas mileage, that's comfortable, fun, and I think most importantly, cheap to maintain while being reliable.
Agree totally.... great car! I get tired of all the noobs whining that Honda didn't put a K20 in the 'Z... they just don't get it!
:kiss: no ****

·
Registered
200 Posts
I agree, I love how this car handles. If anything it gives you the confidence to take corners faster, etc. It may not be the most powerful but it feels quick enough for me.

I was shocked how well it did in the snow and ice we had here the last couple weeks. Stock tires and all I never once even felt like the car was going to lose traction yet I see cars slid off the road and hear stories of people that could get up their driveway...mine was a solid sheet of ice I couldn't even walk down it but the car just climbed right up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.