Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,077 Posts
If it were me I would not buy it till both items are replaced. Something will go wrong if you buy it and then they want you to come back. If one handle is broken have them replace both. It is a very time consuming and can be an expensive job. You should not have to replace a standard part yourself that soon after purchase. We can see the arm and blade is missing but what else is wrong with the rear wiper system?

At minimum they should be taking money off for the defects.

However many remove the rear wiper.

All used cars are one of one have it checked out by someplace else not associated with the deal to find out what else is wrong with this one.

Your money your choice on how you deal with this.

·
Registered
2015 Honda CR-Z Base MT PWP
43 Posts
Like @Spdbump mentioned, many people on this forum have gone ahead and removed the rear wiper assembly entirely since it doesn't seem to do much for a lot of folks. Of course there are people who swear that they need it so it's really up to you. Again, at the very least they should knock some off the sale price if you opt not to have them replace it.

It's hard to say how much it'll cost to replace the wiper since I can't tell if the entire assembly needs to be replaced or if it's just the wiper arm that's missing. If it's just the wiper arm it looks like it'll be roughly $40 USD, but if it's the whole assembly it'll be closer to $300.

Considering there are several things damaged, I would definitely have an independent mechanic check it out to see if there's anything else wrong that isn't as obvious.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
401 Posts
However many remove the rear wiper.
That's what I would do. In my opinion, the rear wiper is useless and I never use it.

Considering there are several things damaged, I would definitely have an independent mechanic check it out to see if there's anything else wrong that isn't as obvious.
Also agree. If possible, make sure you know what needs replacing before you buy. Hopefully it's only those two things and you can get them sorted out quickly.

·
Super Moderator
6,077 Posts
I am the odd member here I actually have put a longer wiper blade on the rear of mine and I find in some rain events it helps.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
401 Posts
I am the odd member here I actually have put a longer wiper blade on the rear of mine and I find in some rain events it helps.
I actually did that too. I didn't want to remove mine because I don't mind it being there either, but the blade it had was all hardened and chattered like crazy. I replaced it with a blade that's like 2 inches longer, if I remember. Definitely looks nicer, but I still think it's mostly useless.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I put on a longer one as well when I first bought the car, but I've found it useless and have the eBay delete kit on the way.

·
Super Moderator
6,077 Posts
Why spend the money? Someone once posted a very low cost plug that could be used that went in the hole and was easily installed for very little or just leave whole thing in place but disconnect the power to it if you really will never use it or just leave it alone and not use it.

I put on a longer one as well when I first bought the car, but I've found it useless and have the eBay delete kit on the way.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Why spend the money? Someone once posted a very low cost plug that could be used that went in the hole and was easily installed for very little or just leave whole thing in place but disconnect the power to it if you really will never use it or just leave it alone and not use it.
I wanted to make sure the backside (inside the hatch) was cleanly done. Most of the hardware store options require some kind of backing plate solution or silicone or caulk or something. I realize that a backing plate would be fine since it's covered by the trim panels, but I'm a crazy person and knowing it's sorta janky would bother me. I also wanted to be sure that it'd be easily reverted back to stock so the eBay kit seemed like the best choice for me since it just uses some rubber washers.

Based on past posts it sounded like people were paying around $50 for the kit, but it was only about $30 for me when I bought it recently. Additionally, I had eBay bucks to spend so it didn't really cost me anything.

·
Super Moderator
6,077 Posts
Your car your money your choices. In the past I worked in a swimming pool supply place and we had all kinds of rubber plugs with a simple wing nut that would seal many different size pipes for winter. I bet one of those with right ID would seal the hole for the wiper or any of the electrical as my dad called them "goof" plugs. All much less than you paid or just leave the damn thing in place.

I wanted to make sure the backside (inside the hatch) was cleanly done. Most of the hardware store options require some kind of backing plate solution or silicone or caulk or something. I realize that a backing plate would be fine since it's covered by the trim panels, but I'm a crazy person and knowing it's sorta janky would bother me. I also wanted to be sure that it'd be easily reverted back to stock so the eBay kit seemed like the best choice for me since it just uses some rubber washers.

Based on past posts it sounded like people were paying around $50 for the kit, but it was only about $30 for me when I bought it recently. Additionally, I had eBay bucks to spend so it didn't really cost me anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
as
Like @Spdbump mentioned, many people on this forum have gone ahead and removed the rear wiper assembly entirely since it doesn't seem to do much for a lot of folks. Of course there are people who swear that they need it so it's really up to you. Again, at the very least they should knock some off the sale price if you opt not to have them replace it.

It's hard to say how much it'll cost to replace the wiper since I can't tell if the entire assembly needs to be replaced or if it's just the wiper arm that's missing. If it's just the wiper arm it looks like it'll be roughly $40 USD, but if it's the whole assembly it'll be closer to $300.

yea I hired a pre purchase inspection guy to go check the car, I also asked him to check on the rear wiper motor particular. I rang the dealer, he told me he will replace the rear wiper and the door handle will under their warranty

·
Registered
43 Posts
Which kit did you buy from kill all wipers? They don't seem to have a kit specifically for the CR-Z.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can’t help you regarding your questions unfortunately. However, I did not know that Irish CR-Z have rear wipers, because European CR-Zs don’t have them. Moreover, even UK spec ones don’t have it as far as I know. Do you know if this CR-Z has been imported? Maybe something to look into, right?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts