Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome everyone!
I have just registered here because i am going to get my own first CZT ;)
I found the ad with Japan imported CRZ S:

This car looks like it had some sound system fitted in - is it something to worry about when it comes to 12v battery life?
I was looking mostly for GT version but this looks nice and has really low mileage.

@Edit: there is another nice looking „Mugen Alpha” CRZ but i am worried that the more mods it has, the higher insurance it will be and the less i know about the car (because i wasnt the one who fitted them in).

Any replies are more than welcome.

I had Honda Civic 1.3 IMA 2005 and due to stolen catalytic converter and a lot of damage made under the car its been written off. So i need an upgrade!

Have a good day ;)
Tom

·
Registered
831 Posts
Imported cars do not get cheap tax asfaik. Insurance is usually more as well.

The CR-Z might also be targeted by CAT thieves unless you have improved security etc.

Looks like it has some sort of TEYES audio fitted.

The cars eat 12V batteries anyway but an audio system should be fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported cars do not get cheap tax asfaik. Insurance is usually more as well.

The CR-Z might also be targeted by CAT thieves unless you have improved security etc.

Looks like it has some sort of TEYES audio fitted.

The cars eat 12V batteries anyway but an audio system should be fine.
when it comes to car insurance and E.g. Mugen alpha crz do i have to point all mods (brakes, suspension, body kit)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You always have to declare mods.
I don't know about the specifics of the car in question.
That was just general insurance based question ;) i am quite fresh in UK, the CRZ will be my third car here and previous ones had no mods fitted, Thats why i ask ;)
Thank you very much for your explanation ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,355 Posts
In The US if you have modifications and you want insurance to cover them you have to list them. Across the pnd or anywhere else I have no Idea. My insurance company yearly wants to know all the modifications and the current Mileage.

·
Super Moderator
7,355 Posts
IMA depending on when driven and how driven will go from 0 to 8 usually 6-7. If car has not been driven it can be 0 or 1 or any other number. You need to drive it to see if the gauge changes and if any warning lights

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IMA depending on when driven and how driven will go from 0 to 8 usually 6-7. If car has not been driven it can be 0 or 1 or any other number. You need to drive it to see if the gauge changes and if any warning lights
Tomorrow i am going to see the car. Fingers crossed ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts