Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
Believe nothing and have checked out by a certified mechanic who is familiar with the exact model car you are looking at. You want someone with no "skin" in the game so not the sellers mechanic or the dealer selling it if possible. If not possible then at least a Honda dealer.

Yeah they are charging $14.95 for telling you anything more than you already know (like it has 2 seats and CVT etc)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just swapped in a junkyard lithium pack that was sitting on the junkyards shelf for almost 2 years. I was worried but it was the only local one I could find at a good price ($600 in case anybody cares). Lithium batteries are known to discharge at a very low rate and maintain excellent charge/discharge disabilities so I took the chance.
I left the plug in harness of the pack unplugged and started the car with the underhood starter & 12volt battery. Then I plugged in the hybrid harness. Showed 0 bars of charge but after about 5 minutes of driving it started charging. I'm still not sure if the 0 bars is becuase of the car doing a battery test/rebalance or because it was literally low on charge. Regardless it works perfectly. Charge is consistently 6 or 7 bars with normal driving and I see no difference with discharge/charge cycle times from my old pack. Hope my experience helps in your decision. p.s. By all means still use it as a reason to knock the price down :)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts