Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
Was dubious about the CR-Z but test-drove one over the weekend and was impressed. I've always been attracted to a car whose ****pit wraps around me, and the CR-Z certainly fits the bill. Decent blend of sporty handling and pothole-absorbing ride. Love the hi-tech dash. And what a sweet sound system.

Why I'm on the fence:

1. Been a number of years since I've had to worry about ice and snow, and now here in am living in wintery Cleveland. I worry about how the CR-Z will cope with the slick roads and mounds of snow the road crews create. And should the worst happen, well, it's not a whole lot bigger than the MINI Cooper I'm driving now. (Guess that's why I'm thinking the Juke would be a safer option.)

2. (and this may seem lame to some) It's just me and my four-legged son, a 75# Shepherd-Malamute mix who's not much of a car dog to begin with but who tolerates it since he has a back seat to himself and windows to stick his head out of. I have no doubt he will fit in the rear area, but I worry (big time) about how he's going to react to being deprived of his beloved windows.

Would love to hear from current CR-Z owners. Thanks!
Welcome to the group.

Your concern for winter driving is warranted. I have a Suzuki SX4 (or wifey does) that is used for winter driving. But, I would think it would handle as good as any front wheel drive vehicle as long as the right rubber was on it.

Here is a Thread on snow tires for the Z

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/wheels-tires-discussion/2015-snow-tires-2.html

On the other family member. I and others have found dogs love the back. Here is a thread on the subject.

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/general-discussion/2609-pet-owners.html

This forum has a lot of good information. Good luck. CR-Z comes highly recommended.

R/Scott

·
Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
Sorry, guess we were answering about the same time. Those Pics are great.

R/Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.