Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Here's another that just popped up closer to me...I'm probably not going to go check it out (hoping for one with less miles), but I see it also has the difference between bumper & body with no reported accidents.

While I realize many small accidents go unreported to keep insurance out of it, etc...I'm thinking maybe it has more to do with the difference of the plastic/metal and the passing of time.
@litz, like this is practically in your back yard, lol.

squall, litz has been around the forum and hondas for a long time, and I know him offline - he's knowledgable and trustworthy.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
You are correct, and if I don't buy the red one, I likely will check this gray one out if it hasn't sold by the next weekend. By "closer to me"...it's still probably a 7 hour driving time round trip to go see it, whereas the red one is about 12 hours round trip (though I'm going to be in the area anyway). There is only 1 manual transmission closer to me than those two but is $12k with accident, fleet history and signs of previous modification.

And yeah, I've seen multiple listings stating "sunroof/moonroof" - not sure if they are referring to the hatch glass or what, but none of them have had any actual sun/moonroof. Guess the listing agents are easily confused.
I did an 8 hour plus round trip when I got my current CR-Z. It's not the worst way to spend a day.

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
One member had one shipped cross country without ever having driven it. Others have had CarMax ship from one place to their local location to purchase. Others have flown and driven back. If you are determined a solution will be found.

·
Premium Member
6,149 Posts
@litz, like this is practically in your back yard, lol.

squall, litz has been around the forum and hondas for a long time, and I know him offline - he's knowledgable and trustworthy.
Yeah, that's just about 20 minutes away from me. @squall leonhart -- If you want me to check it out and comment on it for you, just let me know. If it's "close" to your location, I guess you're in Ohio too, so I saw another one on my way to work, at Edgewater Beach (Buckeye Lake.) It is a red 2011 6-Speed EX with Navi. Has 134,000 ish miles on it, and is for sale by private individual. Salvage title and asking $7,000.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks @litz - if things don't work out on the red one, I may take you up on that! I'll probably avoid the salvage title though. I'm in Indiana, but originally from Ohio. I wouldn't mind a side trip to Hocking Hills...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Haha, I thought I'd keep it nice & vague!

As for the away from Indy & toward Cincy - I've visited Metamora & Brookville...and my in-laws used to be in North Vernon so Greensburg was usually on the trip down there.

The southern part of the state seems to have the good roads. Everything up here is really boring. Made me sad when I had my FR-S, I didn't get to drive it on the proper roads very often. It was nice when we went to Brown County.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well, I didn’t buy it. The price was on the top end of what I was wanting to spend in the first place and the headlights were pretty badly yellowed and had crackly lines in them. It wasn’t in bad condition otherwise by any means and I did like the slightly aggressive but still pretty quiet exhaust. But they weren’t budging on the top end price (had another buyer lined up) so I passed. I may check out that grey Ohio one if it doesn’t sell too soon. Either way, something else will come along.

Being my first time driving one I liked it overall but oddly it felt almost big to me (compared to my Celica or even the FRS). Had a hard to finding comfortable places to rest my arms, but I’d imagine I’d get used to it.

·
Premium Member
6,149 Posts
...Being my first time driving one I liked it overall but oddly it felt almost big to me (compared to my Celica or even the FRS). Had a hard to finding comfortable places to rest my arms, but I’d imagine I’d get used to it.
Ah, I remember thinking the same thing on my first test drive on the CR-Z, but that feeling went away shortly thereafter. Also, I adjusted the side view mirrors outward a bit more than usual, and literally haven't looked back since. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
Did the example you drove have the always optional center armrest? I also found in The Speed Bump I have the seat a little further back than in other cars and did telescope the wheel to the maximum extension and have tilted it up a little bit. Yes, believe it or not CR-Zs have a tilt and telescopic wheel. Not a huge adjustment range but combined with the height adjustment and seat back adjustments you should find a few positions that will work for you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
It did have the center arm rest, I might need to put the seat back further - it felt like the arm rest didn’t come far enough forward for where I had the seat. I’m not tall, but not terribly short (5’9” ish). I didn’t take the time in the parking lot to figure out adjusting the steering wheel. I felt around the edges while on my drive but didn’t find the adjustments and thought it must not be adjustable. I’ll try harder next time!

Oddly, in my old CR-X I remember having a hard time finding places for my arms, but it didn’t have a center armrest or console of any kind.

A nice looking EX popped up in Ohio, I’ll hope to go see it Monday or Tuesday.

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
I have the optional armrest and the top of it slides forward and that is the position mine is in all the time. The steering wheel adjustments are in a weird place they are center below the column and you have to pull the handle forward adjust the wheel position (both tilt and telescope) then return the handle to lock. it is not a huge amount of adjustment but you may find it helps. I am also 5'9" and found raising the height of the seat helped some due to my long legs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
This has zero to do with the original topic, but I just realized the CarFax on the gray base model in Ohio looks like it hasn't really been driven since fall 2020. It shows $152k in September 2020, and now $152,204. I'd imagine that means it hasn't gotten its at least 1 30 minute drive each month. Hope the IMA battery hasn't been too negatively affected (assuming I go check it out).

21 - 40 of 45 Posts