Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 611 Posts

· Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SELLING MY OEM PARTS IF YOU NEED ANY - CHECK THEM OUT HERE!!

I bought this car in Mid November 2013 with less then 6000 miles on it and only 1 previous owner and the car was all stock. I had an open canvas and nothing but time to work on it. Here's the timeline of what I've done to Mega-Man so far :

MOST CURRENT UPDATED PIC
Picture 12/14/14 - new DIY grill on my new body kit and added more lights for my night shows

with the new sun shade

with the lights on during the day time you can really see the DIY front badges

and at night time the front end light up

Interior
Plug'n'Play Interior LED's (Blue)

DIY wired Footwell and Cup Cubby LED's (Blue) to turn on when front lights are on
Matte Black Painted Center Console, Pillars, Plastic on Doors
Refinished Headliner and Door panels with matching Black Fabric
OEM Paint Match on Dash/Center Console/Headliner Accents
Safety Blue Painted minor Accents on Dash and Center Console
30% all around Tinted Windows
Infinity Sound System upgrade
(6.5" reference in the doors, Kappa Perfect tweeters in the dash and 6.5 Kappa Perfect in the custome back seat box wired to Infinity Reference Amp, 10" Kappa Perfect Sub wired to a Infinity Kappa Perfect Amp in a custom trunk box) With LED accent lights (Blue)

Exterior
Equinox Front Bumper and Side Skirts

DIY Custom Diamond Cut Mesh Grill
Seibon Carbonfiber VSII hood
CUSTOM DIY LED (Blue) Inside Grill Lighting
CUSTOM DIY LED (Blue) Front Grill Light Up HONDA CR-Z badge
Neo-Chrome Front Tow Hook
Neo-Chrome Rear Tow Hook
Tail Light Tint
Trunk Piece Gloss Black Vinyl Wrap
New model 2013 rear diffuser with led additional brake lights
CUSTOM DIY Emblems

Under the Hood
AEM Cold Air Intake
BLF Cat Back
Exhaust

Fit Intake Manifold

Wheels & Suspension
Sparko Pista 17" Rims
BC Racing BR series Full Coilovers
*FOR SALE*Megan Racing Street Series Full Coilovers
Megan 2 Point Front Upper Strut Bar
Ultra Racing 2 Point Front Lower Tie Rod Bar
RSX TypeR slotted and drilled brake rotors, caliper brackets, ProjectMu NS400 S2000 sized brake pads, GoodRidge Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines, Castrol SRF Racing Brake Fluid

red = completed
green - in progress
black = still to do
blue = still deciding
WISH LIST (in no particular order)

Intake Upgrade
Exhaust Upgrade
New Interior color Design
Audio System with Amped Rear speakers and Sub
Coilovers
Engine Bay Lighting accents
RSX TypeS Brake Swap

Rear Diffuser bottom mold custom fiberglass work in progress

Diode Dynamics RBG LED front light bulbs
Aftermarket Fog Lights
Black Interior Floor Carpet (to match my DIY internal make over)
C-Blaze eyelids
C-Blaze tail light covers
Cipher Racing Seats - Black And Blue Cloth
Spoiler
Samco Orange Radiator Hoses
Neo-Chrome Engine Bay Dress-up Washers

NIGHT OF PURCHASE:

MID DECEMBER 2013:

Took apart all interior to pre-wire for my system and build the basic to my custome trunk box

· Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FEBRUARY 2013

Installed new BLUE LED interior lights:

Installed new aftermarket Infinity Speakers and Tweeters to the doors, rears, and dash:
(get them in on wed. this week, should have pics up after the weekend)

Installed new Eibach Suspension Spring Coils:
(no pics yet, but i'll get some while the sun is out - and i'll get one in the same location as a precious pic to see the before and after difference on how much it lowered the car)

· Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MORE TO COME - MY PLANS FOR THE FUTURE:
Infinity Sub in trunk
Wrap Trunk Color in Gloss Black Vinyl
Tint windows 20% all around including tail lights - and a blue tint on head lights
Upgrade all exterior light bulbs
Add LED light strip to open bottom of Head Light gap (to give it the eye liner look like an Audi)
Full exhaust replacement (undecided - open for options and opinions)
New Air Intake (undecided - open for options and opinions)
Breaks
Body Kit
Spoiler
Rims and Wheels

plenty of more to do - just haven't thought of them or to far out for me to be thinking of it

· CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts
What paint did you use on the interior plastic?
(Don't say black. :p )

You've put a lot of work in this already.
Looking forward to seeing the next steps.

· Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What paint did you use on the interior plastic?
(Don't say black. :p )

You've put a lot of work in this already.
Looking forward to seeing the next steps.

I used a Dupli-Color Vinyl and Fabric Black with a Matte finish. It matches the stock black plastic pretty well. I put on like 5-6 coats on each part and 2 coats of protective no gloss clear coat (any kind will do) for protection. You can find the Dupli-color at any auto store, just ask where or go to the paint section and look for the can here...

· Registered
1,920 Posts
Man, the black diffuser and reflectors looks great! Maybe a DIY is in store?

Have you had any issues with the blue license plate lights? I've been told that the police don't like blue LEDs (or most exterior lighting mods for that matter)

· Registered
430 Posts
Plasti-Dipped my grey diffuser to a sleek Matte Black and then wired up and installed new LED brake/rear lights on the diffuser

If you don't mind me asking, how did you connect the wires on? I've always wanted to do this but afraid of the cables since I never dealt with those before. FYI i've been reading through Goose's DIY section, just need more explanation for it, thanks :wavey:

· Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I followed THIS DIY for them

No problems with the blue license lights yet, maybe it'll get worse when I add more to the grill and under the body :p

If you follow the DIY, I simply cut the three wires that hooks into the circuit board in the tail light, then I stripped off the ends of those (now) 6 wires, and spliced the ends of the diffuser light wires

My colors were black, red, and white. So I took my soldering iron and I soldered together the black to black, red to red, and then the off colors together (white to green). I made sure I had a heat shrink wrap around the wire before doing this...then I used my needle nose pliers to bend the wires down to parallel with the wires and covered with heat shrink, used a heat gun to shrink the wrap to hold the solder in place, and re hooked up and installed the tail lights, and done :D

· Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's a really simple mod and that makes the back end look even better! An armature at electronics could do this mod with no problems, it's pretty straight forward, just as long as you have some how covered the exposed wires so they don't touch the car and ground out the circuit to start blowing fuses.

· Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
*****UPDATE*****

NEED TO RE-WIRE MY DIFFUSER LED LIGHTS ACCORDINGLY!!!

I had the VSA warning light come on this morning while driving to work...so tonight i'll have to re-wire my lights after I did some reading and researching on the forum for help...

there's the solution for those that are going to get the LED Diffuser Light Reflectors

Your observations made me try something out. I took a video of the rear of the car as I ran through a test cycle.

Headlights on - brake lights and diffuser lights on

Brake pedal hit - brake lights and diffuser lights on

Brake pedal WHILE HEADLIGHTS ON - brake lights *bright* diffuser lights *unchanged*

Upon closer examination it looks like the diffuser is wired up, by default, on bright.

So I switched the wires around - red wires FROM the car goes to WHITE wire on the LEDS.
Green wire FROM the car goes to RED wire on the LEDS.

Repeat video shows the diffuser lights working as intended - dim when the brake lights are dim and bright when they're bright. I will report out on whether or not this fixes the error messages.

Repeat - red does NOT work when attached to red, at least on my 2013 model.
and HERE IS THE THREAD that I read for the information of what was going on - the fix came towards the middle of the second page.

· CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts
Nice idea

Here's an idea I was having
A before and an after
Accent the outside of the rims, 'eyeliner' around front lights that continue along hood and roof
Accent two curves on the sides

Black plasti-dip

Wanting to comment on this, but not clutter CRyoZ's build, so sorry if I scooped you on your own build.
Very unique idea - should look sharp.
Not sure about the one along the top of the door (under window) - leave that to shadows from the existing sheet metal feature, IMHO.
How's about some blue WheelBands or very thin pinstriping on the outer edge of the wheels, to set it off, as well?

· Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry if I scooped you on your own build.

How's about some blue WheelBands or very thin pinstriping on the outer edge of the wheels, to set it off, as well?
its okay - I was thinking of making a copy on here anyway, lol, so thanks for doing it for me.

what do you mean by wheel bands? on the outside of the rims themselves, or on the end of the wheel well?

· CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts
its okay - I was thinking of making a copy on here anyway, lol, so thanks for doing it for me.

what do you mean by wheel bands? on the outside of the rims themselves, or on the end of the wheel well?
It looks like you blacked out the barrel of the rim, and just left the spokes in silver, right? The wheel band or pin stripe would go on the lip of the wheel, just before the tire. Check Art's latest pictures - he has them in red on his wheels. Or look at http://www.crzforum.com/forum/wheel-bands/9826-what-wheel-bands.html They are a sponsoring vendor here. Although, a pin stripe would probably be just as easy, cheaper, and you could make it the thickness you want, plus get an exact match for the NSBP paint.

Edit:
Something like this:

1 - 20 of 611 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.