Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about these wheels? i like the design put im still up in the air about how theyll look on the crz, and if anyone could do a photoshop on them to help out pls do.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
corsport has them for the same price. free shipping.

i was looking at these wheels and i almost bought them until i saw that they weigh 19lbs. too much more than stock. i do think they look great.

here are some pictures from a Corsport thread on a RSX

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
corsport has them for the same price. free shipping.

i was looking at these wheels and i almost bought them until i saw that they weigh 19lbs. too much more than stock. i do think they look great.

here are some pictures from a Corsport thread on a RSX

honestly it only adds up to be around 16lbs more, i dont see the harm in that unless you were looking to eliminate every single lbs of weight on a High HP car for better drag times. this is a daily driver for me. more concerned with it looking clean, even though i am going turbo, but really 16lbs isn't much of a difference, you wont even notice it. your pretty limited to wheels that are close to the stock weight, if your going 17 or 18, only one wheel pops up and that the rpf1.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea.. your'e right.. it is a crappy job. Next time I wont bother.....
lol my man i was totally being sarcastic! {its hard to be sarcastic thru writing doesn't always translate to the reader the same way} i really appreciate it, gives me a much better idea of what theyll look like. thanks alot man. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
lol my man i was totally being sarcastic! {its hard to be sarcastic thru writing doesn't always translate to the reader the same way} i really appreciate it, gives me a much better idea of what theyll look like. thanks alot man. :thumbsup:
Right.. missed the sarcarsm... it is easy to miss stuff like that. We're good....

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
honestly it only adds up to be around 16lbs more, i dont see the harm in that unless you were looking to eliminate every single lbs of weight on a High HP car for better drag times. this is a daily driver for me. more concerned with it looking clean, even though i am going turbo, but really 16lbs isn't much of a difference, you wont even notice it. your pretty limited to wheels that are close to the stock weight, if your going 17 or 18, only one wheel pops up and that the rpf1.
Eh it's easy... Just lose 16 lbs and you'll balance it out. Or just rip out the e-brake, it's pretty heavy and nobody really uses it anyways ;)

Yeah it's hard if you are using it as a daily driver (I am too). I didn't want to spend the extra money to shave off another 10 lbs (weds sa55m is 18.5 lbs 18x8). I'll be looking to hopefully make it up somewhere else. Maybe take out the spare tire as I can't use that anymore either.(I think)

Btw wheels look pretty nice. And the chop wasn't all that bad. :)

-Hoi

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
sprung vs unspring weight... its not just 16lbs.

if you remove 16 lbs from the interior it doesn't make a difference. if you remove 16 lbs from the wheels (because of rotational mass and intertia) you will notice a difference in acceleration and braking. 1lb reduction in wheel weight is equivalent to 4-5 lbs reduction in overall weight.

lighter wheels can be spun faster, increasing acceleration and making braking easier.

its the same concept behind lightweight crank / power steering pullies on other cars.

EDIT: From tirerack. (i dont know if i explained it well... theyre the experts)

Reduced Unsprung Weight Compared to Steel Wheels

This is one of the most critical factors affecting a vehicle's road holding ability. Unsprung weight is that portion of a vehicle that is not supported by the suspension (i.e. wheels, tires and brakes) and therefore most susceptible to road shock and cornering forces. By reducing unsprung weight, alloy wheels provide more precise steering input and improved "turning in" characteristics.

Improved Acceleration and Braking

By reducing the weight of the vehicle's rotational mass, alloy wheels provide more responsive acceleration and braking

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
sprung vs unspring weight... its not just 16lbs.

if you remove 16 lbs from the interior it doesn't make a difference. if you remove 16 lbs from the wheels (because of rotational mass and intertia) you will notice a difference in acceleration and braking. 1lb reduction in wheel weight is equivalent to 4-5 lbs reduction in overall weight.

lighter wheels can be spun faster, increasing acceleration and making braking easier.

its the same concept behind lightweight crank / power steering pullies on other cars.

EDIT: From tirerack. (i dont know if i explained it well... theyre the experts)

Reduced Unsprung Weight Compared to Steel Wheels

This is one of the most critical factors affecting a vehicle's road holding ability. Unsprung weight is that portion of a vehicle that is not supported by the suspension (i.e. wheels, tires and brakes) and therefore most susceptible to road shock and cornering forces. By reducing unsprung weight, alloy wheels provide more precise steering input and improved "turning in" characteristics.

Improved Acceleration and Braking

By reducing the weight of the vehicle's rotational mass, alloy wheels provide more responsive acceleration and braking
Ok you caught me.... I was really just making up reasons why my wife isn't allowed to drive the car... :p :D (jk honey :D)

And I want to change my vote. That silver chop is even worse than the original! Omg that's bad!! JK JK JK <----------------- JUST KIDDING!!!!! :D

Re: wheel weight : Good 2 know. I'll let my wife know she can ride in the car again.. :p ;)

-Hoi

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
North that's some good info I've never cared much for that I've always compensated with power, only time I've worried about light wheels has been with drag radials for drag days with cars that I've built. Specifically for power and 1/4.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.