Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week after I picked up my CRZ (late August early September) I noticed a small "bubble" forming in the armrest fabric on the passenger side door. Bubble may not be the best description, but the fabric had pulled away from the door card slightly in the area of the fabric where the horizontal portion of the armrest curved to meet the vertical portion of the door. It seemed as though the fabric was either improperly or in-adequately glued in the crease and was pulling away a section about the size of one's middle finger.

I took the car into the dealer and they quickly acknowledged the problem and had the panel replaced (all within a day; great service).

Fast forward to the last few days, which were in the 100+F temperatures here in the Bay Area, and the damn problem is back. In nearly the same spot, again on the passenger door, the gd fabric is forming a bubble.

I know 91CRXTV said he had the same problem. How about the rest of you? You may want to check you panels closely (it's not obvious at first). I can't believe this has already happened on two panels in about a month's time. :angry:

Here's a list of those of use experiencing the issue. As mentioned I will be referring both my local dealer and Honda of America to this thread, so hopefully a concise list will be helpful.

1) bassplayrr
2) 91CRXTC
3) kcsaint
4) Honad
5) Enderg
6) mocmylov
7) gomarlins3
8) AJ_PwR
9) gotswap
10) DS1
11) simplico17
12) wicked1
13) mike984
14) osyg3
15) SunCat
16) memoriesbymojo
17) Kreeper

·
Registered
120 Posts
Im sorry to hear about your problem. So far I havent had any troubles like that. (Knock on wood) Although I live in 60 to 80 weather max most of the time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just noticed the other day that I have the same problem. It does look like little bubbles and its right in that curvy area of the center panel. For me I have 3 small bubbles forming. So far nothing bubbling on the driver side though. A little off topic but I see you're from the east bay, same here ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey CRZing, nice to see another East Bayer here. What part of the east bay?

My driver's side is perfect. Both instances have been on the passengers side. I mentioned temp in the post because both times it's happened have been on or just after a heat wave.

I'm wondering if there was a bad batch of passenger side doors.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Walnut Creek.

Yeah, as far as I can tell they replaced the entire panel. I took the car in on a Wednesday, they ordered the panel over night, and I picked it up washed and all on Thursday.

I just got off the phone with Walnut Creek Honda about the issue. I'm awaiting a return call from someone in Service. They took good care of me the first time around and I have high hopes they'll put this right.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
do u know how they 'fixed' it?? maybe that's an oversight by Honda on the proper glue used to stick he fabric to the panel?? if you wanna fix it yourself b/c it's bugging you, i suggest getting Headliner Adhesive Spray Glue... be careful when buying this stuff that you get the one specifically for headliners b/c the regular adhesive spray loses it's stickiness with high temps... while the headliner spray is designed for super high heat b/c the roof gets pounded by the sun... i hope that helps and sorry to hear...

this however isn't a deterrent for me b/c i planned on changing those panels anyways :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if it becomes a continued problem just suck it up and get them to give you some all weather mats or something.
To fix the door panel???

They didn't fix the existing panel the first time and simply replaced the piece. Because the bubble is almost exactly in the center of the fabric part of the door panel I'm not about to rip things apart to fix something on a car with 1700 miles on the clock.

I'll let them continue to put new panels in until they stop bubbling. If this was after several years and thousands of miles I'd understand, but not on a car that still smells new. This is on Honda, not me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you bass, I just checked my car. On passenger side I have 5 inch bubble and on driver side I have 3 small bubbles. Not very noticeable until you look for it. When I take my car in for first service I will have it fixed. Thanks again.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just looking out for my fellow forum members. :p

It's an admittedly minor issue, but who's to say it won't get worse over time? My first bubble grew daily. It seems to be a very minor manufacturing issue, so it's best we not only get ours fixed but that Honda is aware of any issues.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i agree but how many times are you going to do it till you just say Eff it. I have paint issues im still trying to get them to address....S2kLegend anytime you want to chime in is fine with me.
Oh, I got ya. I misunderstood your floormats comment. Sorry.

I'd type the infinity symbol if I could find it. Lol. Honda's been in business long enough to know how to glue fabric to a door. Something so basic deserves me hounding them to get it right. :pP:

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
since this does pop up on quite a few CR-Z's... maybe someone can start an online petition and email it to Honda so that they are aware of this and they implement a fix on the CR-Z's being built...

if i'm not mistaken, the current members are all located in the US, right?? if true, does anyone outside the US/CA experience this issue?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When I get back into the dealership for this second fix I'm going to provide the web address for this thread and will be asking them to forward the info to Honda (which I will do personally as well.) It's looking like this may end up being a common issue.

·
Registered
109 Posts
OK, add me to the list. Very small and hardly noticeable bubble on the drivers side and a big and getting bigger one on the passenger door. Nothing worse than "bad glue", LOL. Hey would having this happen 3 times classify a car as a lemon? Hehehe... :pP:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.