Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

· Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daily driver as in driven a LOT, so don't get your hopes up. Currently the odo sits just at 120k miles.

Not sure how much I will keep up on this, since I've had the car for over a year now, but I'm home sick today and really bored. So here goes.

Bought Honda certified in March of 2012. At the time I was commuting 85 miles round trip a day. Don't think I took a pic when I got it, but this one is pretty early.

In the first week, I put in the factory armrest, but you've all seen pics of those.
Since I do it for a living, one of the first things I installed was a Compustar remote start with Drone and EZ-Go. No pics of the install but here's the app and the RFID remote.

Then I updated the factory sound system. I have factory nav, so I left that but updated the front components with Alpine type-Rs (now replaced with German Maestros), removed the rear speakers, swapped the factory sub for an 8" Alpine type-R, added an Alpine pdx 5 channel amp, and also a sound processor with time alignment and eq (now removed). Unfortunately the sound processor renders the factory Bluetooth useless because of the time alignment feature, but I will regain it in the future when I update the factory nav with either an Alpine 7 or 8 inch nav. Not sure which yet. No pics of most of the install since its all hidden except the sub is inverted in the factory enclosure, because I'm too lazy to modify it to fit.

Stuff that has gone in:

Older pic showing sub inverted in factory enclosure(since modified to fit behind panel), along with all the crap that I have to bring with me every day.

I also picked up a K&N typhoon air intake (Has been replaced), as well as a Kansai Service radiator shroud from the group buy on here.

Then winter came. Thank god for remote starts!

I hate shoveling...

Spring has now sprung, so I got the SSRs I purchased from another member here last year powder coated satin black. They are 17x8 +38. Added some continental extreme contact dw tires in 205/45/17 and factory tpms sensors, and am holding them on with McGard spline lugs and locks.

I also have some eibach pro-kit springs waiting to be installed, but when I went to do the install I couldn't get the nut holding the spring to the strut free. Also the top of the threaded part cracked, so I had a hard time just reinstalling the strut as it was. Currently I'm waiting for a set of factory struts another member took off his car to come in the mail, and I will just use those for the springs.

Also I've removed the fogs, as both of them have broken. Bought lexan lenses, but one needs a new housing first because water got inside and damaged it. Never used the lexan lenses, instead purchased new housings from ebay.

· Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Current:

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:
SSR Comp type-C 17x8 (+38) wheels with Dunlop Direzza dz102 tires (205/45/17) and Honda TPMS sensors (summer)
McGard tuner lugs
Michelin X-ice3 Snow tires (195/55/16) on factory wheels with Honda TPMS sensors (winter)
H&R Trac+ 15mm spacers on rear
Eibach pro-kit springs removed
Tein Street Basis coilovers removed back on the car for now
Eibach coilovers removed
Acura RSX-S budget BBK (front rotors/pads/brackets) removed
Wilwood DPHA front calipers in red
EBC redstuff rear pads
Progress RSB
Spoon FSB
Whiteline adjustable end links
Cusco pillowballs

Exterior:
Window Tint 30%
eBay factory foglight knockoffs in yellow (because the factorys broke) w/Philips X-tremeVision bulbs
Blue H emblems removed
Shaved front emblem put a new emblem on because my body work sucks
JDP grill cover wrapped gloss black
Rho plate holder
T1r mirrors removed
Wrapped tailgate
Carbon fiber mirror covers
Wrapped roof and partial hatch
Civic XM antenna
Rear squirter delete
Baysonr lip removed
Seibon carbon fiber lip
Rando side skirts
Honda "Modulo" rear diffuser. This was originally Scottys, passed down through Varmint.removed
Carbon fiber rear diffuser (don't remember brand)
Avery Dennison gloss light blue wrap

Interior/Audio
German Maestro Status components (front door)
Rear speaker delete
Alpine 8" Navigation head unit w/ Idatalink Maestro steering wheel control adapter
Echomaster factory look backup camera
Auto-dimming rear view mirror w/compass and homelink (from a Kia)
Alpine 8" Type-R sub in modified factory enclosure removed
JL Audio 8w3v3 sub in modified factory enclosure
Alpine PDX5 5 channel amp
Lots of dynaliner and ballistic sound deadening
Fit shift knob
Recovered headliner
Recovered door panel inserts in black vinyl
Black factory door handles
3D MAXpider classic floor mats
Black perforated Roadwire leather seats with blue stitching, seat heater and power lumbar on drivers seat
Black factory center console and armrest
Compustar remote start w/Drone and EZ-Go
Passenger side auto window up/down using a DEI 530t
Interior and license plate lights swapped to LEDs
Honda non-illuminated door sills
Lecce D-shaped steering wheel
13+ steering wheel trim (darker than stock 11)

Under Hood Stuff:
Spoon yellow valve cover
Spoon oil cap
Spoon radiator cap
Spoon reservoir tank cover
Sprintex supercharger
Kansai Service radiator shroud
K&N typhoon intake removed
Takeda intake with dry filter removed
AEM cold air intake
NRG hood dampers
Optima yellow top battery
Kuo's Garage battery tie down
Basis radiator stays
HKS silent hi power catback
Throttle body bored by Maxbore
T1R test pipe removed

Future plans include:
Some type of etune using Ktuner (Awaiting installation)
air
???
Profit?

Current pic

· CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts
You will love the new look the car will have once its lowered
But you might not love it when it starts looking like this again! :eek:

Yikes!
I know, I know - lots of guys are lowered and do OK in snow - you'll be fine too.
You just might have a harder time finding it in the snowbank! :)

Looks really great - and, looking at some of your plans, I like the way it is going.

:thumbup:

· Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind words, guys!

But you might not love it when it starts looking like this again! :eek:
Yikes!
I know, I know - lots of guys are lowered and do OK in snow - you'll be fine too.
You just might have a harder time finding it in the snowbank! :)

Looks really great - and, looking at some of your plans, I like the way it is going.

:thumbup:
That's why it's only going down an inch. Aesthetically I would prefer to lay it so low I could collect road reflectors, but I live in Massachusetts. I've had much lower cars in snow before, but I'm gettin too old for that! Plus I drive it 5-600 miles a week for my job.

Also, the factory rims will get snow tires before next winter.

· Registered
419 Posts
^^ Lookin good Bryan, now we both have to do the rear wiper delete, it makes the car look so much sleeker!

· Registered
31 Posts
whats up with tint in MA? Ive never had a car to tint and i know that its suppose to be 35% legally, but what about the small "back seat" windows? and the smaller vertical hatch window? i want those to be pitch black, i dont see why that would be a big deal.

nice whip by the way, loving the rims, hating the ****ing snow haha.

· Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whats up with tint in MA? Ive never had a car to tint and i know that its suppose to be 35% legally, but what about the small "back seat" windows? and the smaller vertical hatch window? i want those to be pitch black, i dont see why that would be a big deal.

nice whip by the way, loving the rims, hating the ****ing snow haha.
Legally, it's 35% all the way around. You may have trouble getting a sticker with darker, even on the rear windows. Depends on who is doing your sticker I guess. I didn't want to chance it, so I just told my tinter to make it legal. I had to rip tint off my windows of my last car after I moved here, that was legal where I came from, so I didn't want to repeat that.

· Registered
31 Posts
Legally, it's 35% all the way around. You may have trouble getting a sticker with darker, even on the rear windows. Depends on who is doing your sticker I guess. I didn't want to chance it, so I just told my tinter to make it legal. I had to rip tint off my windows of my last car after I moved here, that was legal where I came from, so I didn't want to repeat that.
do you remember what you paid to have it tinted? thanks.

· Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, so I've been neglecting this build thread, despite accomplishing things.

I installed a progress rear sway bar that I purchased from a local member of this forum. I didn't take a pic, its not really interesting to look at. To me at least.

Installed a previously enjoyed JDP carbon fiber grill cover, along with a rho plate relocator.

Installed German Maestro Status components. Here's a pic of the tweeters.

Had to figure out a place for the Crossovers, as they're huge, and I suddenly had a noise after installing my new deck, so I decided to move the amp as well.

And made some little covers for them so i can still use the rear "seat" area.

Installed an Alpine 8" Nav in place of the factory. This thing is sooo much better. My router jumped on me in the last 1/4" of enlarging the factory opening in the factory nav bezel, so I have to order a new one and reroute it, but I'm not in any hurry because it doesn't really bother me and I don't show the car or anything like that.

And the nice large backup image.

And heres the camera, in the factory location.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.