Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
HA ! I was using the same video last week when I was working on my friend’s CRZ and I got stuck where I couldn’t remove the rear caliper. It turned out I had to loose the parking brake cable bracket on the torsion beam.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn that crz aint in good shape :(

I wonder if that rotor has the protective layer youre meant to wash off first. And i didn't see that important pin go back on :/

It was timelapsed so maybe just missed it.
Yea there’s some stuff i saw him skip over but I’d go ahead and replace everything he missed just in case. Though i heard the rotor screws can just be thrown away but everything else should be replaced with new or the original part

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yes sir.. screw those rotor screws! You will need to drill them out on yours anyways. Don't put them back or even bother with new ones!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes sir.. screw those rotor screws! You will need to drill them out on yours anyways. Don't put them back or even bother with new ones!
I heard a manual impact driver can work as well along with getting a JIS screwdriver. But yea a drill seems to be the fastest way to get rid of those suckers

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I heard a manual impact driver can work as well along with getting a JIS screwdriver. But yea a drill seems to be the fastest way to get rid of those suckers
Yeah, you could also use a socket wrench + hammer to 'impact' it off / back on. But, its just as easy to get the pulley holder I guess. I just had the 12v around, and it made it simple since it doesn't go past 20 ft/lbs anyways!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts