Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Seem ok to me. i just dont understand why the spring rates are higher in the back. Usually for a FWD car its the other way around. A few other coilovers for the CRZ are like this also but i dont know why.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I think it's subjective and I feel ppl have had issues just like any other company! Just bc they are up and coming doesn't mean they are crap! They are a solid coilover for the price! Is there better out there? Yes. But for the money these are great.

·
Registered
40 Posts
All I will say is we ran BC coilovers for the Silverstone 24hour race and they were superb throughout, no problems at all and that's a proper non stop 24 hour race pounding! That was on a 960kg MR2.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
That coilover is total crap. My buddy ran it on his STI, it barely lasted a year. It's half ass engineering. You guys should look into something more reputable.
Im not an industry expert but BC is related to K-Sport, D2, Megan and a few others. Im pretty sure they all source parts from the same set of factories (overseas / Taiwan specifically) - Google it. They are traditionally cheaper but EuroR is correct: usually the quality isnt the best. I noted this in the coilover thread but I wasnt gonna push it on everyone else. If you've had a good experience thats great. Most likely these coilovers will be fine but I'd rather pay for something a bit better. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.