Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
354 Posts
Not sure if this information will help, but as I was browsing the Teyes CR-Z Android headunits, I noticed this on the product page "NOTE: If using the harness with canbus - amp output should be turned up if you have no sound. This will allow the factory amp to turn on."

· Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
354 Posts
I think that's a different wire harness.

I did a in-depth research and compared the diagrams of the harnesses.
Apparently they sent me a CR-V harness with a canbus harness.
Some of the pin outs were missing. One for illumination, hence when turning on and off the head light, it didn't change the brightness level of the screen. Amp turn on & Off switch (Pin 21 of 24 pins) was wired but it was directly hooked to the CANBUS accessory harness, not from the headunit power harness, hence it did not receive the signal. The headunit power harness connected the power wire to canbus and then to the honda harness that's why the power was cut.

In short, they sent me a wrong harness that just had 2 of the 3 matching harnesses (1 missing is the HFL unit I assume).

I have a metra harness for Honda without the RCAs (1730), but the typical colorful wires so I am going to cut the android harness wires and reconnect with this proper Honda metro harness as this one seems to have all the necessary cables in the right places (amp turn on/off is called as POWER ANTENNA on Honda Metra), illumination, ground, and 12V.

I will give an update after this.
Now that you mention it, I've seen the "CRV" label on a harness from some other persons photo seen here 2022 aftermarket radio system , it should be the third photo. They just posted a few pictures about wiring the android headunit. Apparently, he was successful with the installation. It should be a very similar installation since the Chinese Android head units are pretty much all the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts