Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
I bet it is. I have a question. How long does your battery last during frequent acceleration? Not driving like a nut but just some peppy driving. My battery charges up rather easy I can make all 8 segments in just maybe 5 to 10 min of driving (letting coast on 5th or 6th gear to charge) im not sure if I'm making any sense. For me I can drain the batt pretty quickly. Like 20 min of peppy driving.

Registered
CR-Z 2012 storm silver
I think that's very normal, flat out, it last 3 runs max, too about 90-100 mph.
It is a small battery pack after all,

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Im afraid to bash on my baby lol are you standard or auto? What rpm should we shift at normal driving? I can't believe I'm asking for driving lessons haha don't judge me lol

Registered
CR-Z 2012 storm silver
Mine is 6 speed manuel, there should be a arrow that lights up, usely before 2000rpm to get good milage, 馃槈馃憤馃徎

Registered
CR-Z 2012 storm silver
Looks nice 馃憤馃徎 I like the water temp 馃憣馃徎
Maybe I should do that as well,
First realized after 2 days there was non 馃槵馃槄
Where did you wire the temp up to?

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
The gauge comes with 3 wires. Signal
Power
Ground

You'll also need to buy a 28mm hose adapter with sensor. It comes together at Amazon for $18. You have to cut the upper water hose in half to add the adapter.

The adapter itself has a ground screw to run a ground wire to some ground point in the engine bay. I chose the ground strap from the negative of the battery that's secured to the engine bay.

Signal wire gets screwed on the sensor and the wire is ran through the firewall (I ran mine through the passenger side firewall i poked a hole through the rubber seal that the harness goes through. It's a pain and sometimes you can just pull the rubber seal out a bit to run the signal wire through)

The power wire can go into the fuse box on a fuse with accessories that power up when the key is turned up like the radio. Tip: you can splice through the power wire from the radio itself and connect power wire there.

Ground wire can go on any ground. I chose the ground from the radio. Works perfect.

May sound complicated but it's not. It's just a pain to run the signal wire through the firewall.

My temp averages 175-180 degrees F. A temp gauge to me is very important. The idiot light only tells you when it's hot when it's hot. At least the temp gauge will give you an early warning. I will post pics of the adapter.

Attachments

Registered
CR-Z 2012 storm silver
Ok 馃憣馃徎 thanks great description 馃憤馃徎
Sounds easy enough, I'll look into a Guage some where.

Super Moderator
The OBD II port gives water temperature information. I know because I use a Scan Gauge II (禄 ScanGauge II) which provides that information and many other gauges, trip information and can read codes off of one connection. Mine is mounted below my radio on heavy duty Velcro. They have other models for similar information and they can be daisy chained.

Just another way to get the same information without any cutting, wiring or going though the fire wall.

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
I was looking into one of those but I don't have the $150 to fork out at the moment. I just don't understand why Honda didn't add an actual temp gauge like all other normal cars.

Super Moderator
There are less expensive OBD II "dongles" that talk to a cell phone over blue tooth. That is another option. My scan Gauge II was bought for my previous car because it used to run too cold and I had Alternator issues with it So I had to monitor temp and voltage. It was Gifted from that car to The Speed Bump. But the gauge solution above is good too!

Many cars have no gauges at all just lights. I wish the CR-Z let you know the under hood voltage. The only gauge like that is the IMA charge gauge.

I was looking into one of those but I don't have the $150 to fork out at the moment. I just don't understand why Honda didn't add an actual temp gauge like all other normal cars.

Super Moderator
if you add a bunch of separate gauges eventually you will equal the price of the Scan Gauge II and it does more.:unsure: My Standard 4 I display most of the time are average MPG, Instant MPG, Temperature, and Voltage.

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
Perhaps I should look into one. Or I may decide on a gauge pod for aesthetics. We'll see. For now since i live in South Florida it gets pretty warm here often so temps at a red light concern me. I don't know if I should start a separate thread on high mileage crz's I tried looking but didn't manage to find any. I'll ask here first. What's the highest you've guys have seen these space ships at? I call them space ships bc it really does remind me of one.

Super Moderator
Voltage. That's another one. Is it hard to install a voltage gauge?
I had a simple Volts gauge plugged into the Accessory power port for years on my previous car. I even have a 3 accessory port 2 USB Port ( for charging things) cable in the Speed Bump. It is mounted to the top of the compartment next to the Accessory port.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts