Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to swap springs on my crz and cannot remove the bottom strut bolt. The nut came off fine but the bottom strut bolt won't turn at all. I'm using a wrench and ratchet. Should I try an impact wrench? I don't have room to bang it with a hammer. I'm out of ideas.

·
Registered
89 Posts
So I'm trying to swap springs on my crz and cannot remove the bottom strut bolt. The nut came off fine but the bottom strut bolt won't turn at all. I'm using a wrench and ratchet. Should I try an impact wrench? I don't have room to bang it with a hammer. I'm out of ideas.
Are you doing the front or rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
Yes same stuff. It is a penetrating rust dissolving oil. Lots of applications and hit the bolt to start a vibration prior to trying to remove the bolt(s) in question. Be prepared to replace the bolt(s),

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are a few pics. I'm happy with the result but I gotta space out the rears a bit. I'm thinking 20mm spacers. Any recommendations? Does anyone know if 20mm spacers are thick enough to clear the studs? Because I read somewhere I may need to trim down the studs.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude we are the same lol did you space out the rears? I'm digging around spacers that won't require any cutting of the studs. I love these little cars man.

Also how long ago did you lower it and what was the drop spec?

·
Registered
CR-Z 2012 storm silver
28 Posts
Lol, just what I thought 🤣
No spacers here, I kinda like the way the rear wheels is 😍

It is 30/30 mm i guess around 1.25 inch 🤔😀

I just did it last Saturday.

·
Registered
CR-Z 2012 storm silver
28 Posts
And yea, love this car as well 👌🏻😍
Only had it for a few weeks now, totally in love with it 😍

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Is it true new springs will begin to settle after a few weeks or so?
mine did.

Also for what it's worth, 20mm spacers will go on just fine without trimming the studs. there's convenient little pockets on the back side of the mounting face of the wheel that the tips of the studs go into. I'll warn you that only adding spacers on the rear led to some poor handling in my opinion. I took them off.

If you want to square up the wheels on an 11-15, go with 10mm total (5mm per side) more in the rear than in the front - you want the rear slightly narrower overall than the front. I had 20mm front and 25mm rear, and it looked great, handled great and rubbed like wild so I pulled them off. Currently looking for some 15mm for the front and I'll put the 20mm on the rear

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I guess a little lower won't hurt. Now I'm on to the rear spacers. Just a tad bit to fill the fender a bit. Also I just purchased this Z a couple weeks ago too. It's a rebuilt (only driver door and front driver fender needed replace. Looks new. Its got 150k and you don't even notice it. I did a carfax report and I'm the 3rd owner. Paid $3500 I'm guessing thats okay since the value as it sits is estimated $4200. Overall I'm happy as a clam.

I hear widening the rear introduces understeer (or over don't remember) but how bad would it be? Is it very dangerous ? I only drive normal I don't race or auto-x.

·
Registered
CR-Z 2012 storm silver
28 Posts
I think you will be alright for every day driving, but yes wider wheel base in the back, its not favorit for fwd, and will also be harder on the wheel bearings.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts