Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interior panel clip part number/color reference here: http://www.crzforum.com/forum/interior-ice-discussion/30274-interior-clip-list-rainbow.html

Starting off with 10mm's (the part numbers can be extrapolated for larger bolts as well).

Honda bolt part-numbering convention:

Ex: 93404-06016-08
Bolt Washer (6x16)

The first set of numbers (93404) refers to the type of bolt: Flange or Washer bolt, and it's finish: shiny or non-shiny.

Flange bolts start as: 95701, these are flange head bolts with no washer and a shiny finish.

Bolts with a washer all start as: 934... the rest of the number will determine it's finish, 93404 will be a shiny bolt/washer, 93405 will be a non-shiny bolt/washer.

There is also a set of (at least with the 10mm's) bolts with a smaller washer size. These are 93403, and are a shiny finish. They have a smaller washer than the ones above the washer being almost equal to the diameter of the hex-head.

----------

The second half of the part number (06016-08) determines the bolt's diameter (and thus hex-head size), and length.

The first half of 06016-08, is the bolt diameter. 06 is a 6mm diameter bolt, which is the very common 10mm hex-head we all know. This extrapolates for larger bolts as well. The next size up is 08, and has the 12mm hex-head. For example part # 95701-08016-08 is a shiny 12mm flange head bolt used on the CR-Z's brake lines (among many other locations).

The next part of 06016-08, is the length of the bolt. 16 is 16mm long. You can change this value for a given part number to get a different length, plugging the new number into google or an online Honda parts retailer will reveal if it is actually available. I believe it goes from ~8mm to at least 30mm in length for 10mm bolts.

I believe the last two numbers also determine the finish but don't know for sure. You can see that all the parts ending with 08 are shiny finish (including the two 10mm hex head [6mm dia] nuts).

----------
It's also worth noting this will not work for all bolts. It will work for many (especially the smaller bolts) but a large number of the bolts and nuts on vehicles are specialty hardware and are designed to be used in very specific places; suspension, engine-mount and inside the engine for example all use very specific specialty hardware which is usually easy enough to locate in the parts diagrams.
----------
----------

Some examples/partial list, you can extrapolate to change the diameter, length or finish and check with online Honda parts retailer/google to confirm it's available:

All of these are 10mm hex-head bolts. Change the "xxxxx-06xxx-xx" to change the diameter (note that most of the larger diameter bolts are flange-head only so you'll have to use the first half from the flange head numbers).

Shiny w/washer

93404-06016-08
Bolt Washer (6x16)

93404-06020-08
Bolt Washer (6x20)

93404-06025-08
Bolt Washer (6x25)

93404-06030-08
Bolt Washer (6x30)

Non-Shiny w/washer

93405-06016-04
Bolt Washer (6x16)

93405-06020-04
Bolt Washer (6x20)

93405-06025-04
Bolt Washer (6x25)

Shiny w/small-washer

93403-06012-08
Bolt Washer (6x12)

93403-06016-08
Bolt Washer (6x16)

93403-06020-08
Bolt Washer (6x20)

Shiny Flange Head (no washer)

95701-06012-08
Bolt Flange (6x12)

95701-06016-08
Bolt Flange (6x16)

95701-06020-08
Bolt Flange (6x20)

Nuts

94050-06080
Nut Flange 6mm

94071-06080
Nut Washer 6mm

----------

Left to right: 10mm non-shiny w/washer, 10mm shiny w/small-washer, 10mm flange-head shiny, 12mm flange-head shiny (a 14mm nut is pictured below it), 10mm washer nut, 10mm flange nut

Will be periodically updating this. There are also special grounding bolts and nuts that have the thread partially cut so they get a good electrical ground, as well some of the smaller hex-heads that have phillips-style indents in the hex heads and other less common Honda hardware.

: Pics of the finishes and washer types uploading: :wasn't sure where to put this so if there's a bette place feel free to move:

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,150 Posts
And I thought they were all just random generated numbers! :D

Thanks for the Honda Parts University course. Very good information to have here!

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
Nice info on the interior clips. I can't believe I haven't broken any of them yet, but I'll sure find a way.:blink:

I did an oil change the other day, and was thinking of getting some extra clips/screws to have on hand for the under panels. I'll take some pics of them before I open the packages, and post them here if that's okay. I think I counted 3-4 different types of attachments for that one panel alone!:dunno: ...Does this type go here:unsure: ...no, no, no, that's for the other hole... wait a minute, I've got this extra one here:hyper:

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,150 Posts
Yeah definitely take some pics with the clips and part numbers and feel free to post here. I'm sure that information will be helpful to many. There are several different types and lengths of the black panel clips, the ones that pop up from either side have at least three different lengths IIRC (doesn't help that there's really no visual differentiation) and it can get a little confusing as to which ones go where.
And it doesn't help that they appear to reproduce in the container while you have the panel off! :blink:

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
And it doesn't help that they appear to reproduce in the container while you have the panel off! :blink:
:nervous:Sometimes, they jump out due to incompatibility issues.

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
Excellent posting, Koala, I've added some exterior panel clips/screws to your library (hopefully, you can find a naming pattern that crosses over from your interior listing to the exterior ones listed here.)

Typical exterior clips/screws:
91514-TM8-003 Clip, Cover (Lower) [oil change panel]
91503-S7A-003 Clip, FR. Grille
91505-S9A-003 Clip A, Bumper
91506-S9A-003 Clip B, Bumper [oil change panel]
90103-TA0-000 Screw, Tapping (5X20) [wheel well]
93913-14280 Screw, Tapping (4X12) (PO) [a.k.a. 90101-SA4-000; 93913-44380]
90308-SB2-013 Nut, Suspension (5mm) [oil change panel]
93903-25320 Screw, Tapping (5X16)
93913-14280 Screw, Tapping (4X12) (Po)
90114-SE0-000 Screw, Tapping (5X20) [oil change panel]

Oil change panel clips and location (I've actually painted mine white 'cause I'm easily confussed):

Thanks again, for letting me add to your post.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
Thanks dude. It's something I noticed after ordering a lot of bolts. I always keep spare hardware around and have used the 10mms for small custom mods here and there. Once my collection had grown and noticing the different lengths and types (as the length is listed in the part description) I just started changing parts of the numbers around and plugging them in and found there is this pattern.

Awesome pannel hardware photo-list Litz!
Thanks Koala--I'm a little nuts when it comes to fasteners. And yep, having an assortment of hardware around comes in handy. The parts guy sees me coming, and helps me out a bit on the price since I'm always getting a supply of them along with a filter or other hard-parts.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
This is all really good info guys. Subbed for future postings. About the clips.. I'm trying to figure out the best ones to use to put on my carbon fiber sideskirts when I get them.. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
This is all really good info guys. Subbed for future postings. About the clips.. I'm trying to figure out the best ones to use to put on my carbon fiber sideskirts when I get them.. Any suggestions?
Do they replace the sill panel, or do they attach to the existing sill? (I'd like to find out what ones you have on order, just to get a better idea.) I've had my sills off, and they are easy to remove and reset. You just take the 5 or 6 clips you can see out, and slide it rearwards to release from the inner clips that have a 90 degree twist-lock. Part# for the clips:
1) 90108-SW3-003 CLIP, BUMPER SETTING
5) 91503-S7A-003 CLIP, FR. GRILLE

The bumper setting clip is the one you may destroy if you don't take your good old time removing it; the other 5 are the kind that actually have flats on the sides to make them easier to remove with the tip of a flat head screwdriver (wish all the clips had that type of base/head.)

I don't know what kind of hardware/3m tape that comes with your cf sideskirts, but I think if you don't like the way the manufacturer's suggested attachment work/look, I'm sure we can come up with something that makes it look like a clean install.

Oh, yeah!:thumbsup: Sounds like a nice mod for you black and carbon fiber scheme.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Do they replace the sill panel, or do they attach to the existing sill? (I'd like to find out what ones you have on order, just to get a better idea.) I've had my sills off, and they are easy to remove and reset. You just take the 5 or 6 clips you can see out, and slide it rearwards to release from the inner clips that have a 90 degree twist-lock. Part# for the clips:

1) 90108-SW3-003 CLIP, BUMPER SETTING

5) 91503-S7A-003 CLIP, FR. GRILLE

The bumper setting clip is the one you may destroy if you don't take your good old time removing it; the other 5 are the kind that actually have flats on the sides to make them easier to remove with the tip of a flat head screwdriver (wish all the clips had that type of base/head.)

I don't know what kind of hardware/3m tape that comes with your cf sideskirts, but I think if you don't like the way the manufacturer's suggested attachment work/look, I'm sure we can come up with something that makes it look like a clean install.

Oh, yeah!:thumbsup: Sounds like a nice mod for you black and carbon fiber scheme.

Well I'm buying them second hand so there is no installation instructions.. They are the Basis sideskirts which are the password jdm skirts. They attach to the existing skirts.. Just like underneath of them..

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
Sounds like you need to replace the top clip in the photo(91503-S7A-003) with bottom one(91503-SZ3-003):

91503-S7A-003 CLIP, FR. GRILLE
91503-SZ3-003 CLIP A, BUMPER

That replacement clip is the same type, in that it has no metal parts (as the other longer ones for the CRZ do--the SZ3 is from my 2002 Insight. You'll need 5 on each side, but I think they can be from $1.50 - $2.50 each, depending where you get them.

I hope that gets you on the right path....
...and Koala--I just realized a hint of a pattern I didn't notice before:thumbsup: Must investigate further.

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
Thanks a lot. This does help but they can be had for much cheaper than that.. Search them on eBay.
Yep. You've got the right idea--cheaper by the dozen!

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
Yep, I think you've got something there with the 915XX type of clip.... but now I think the last two numbers of that first set could be diameter (not length, as you hypothesized--I was thinking the same, until I found 91503-S7A-003 and 91503-SZ3-003 were two different lengths, but same diameter.) So, I figure the middle letters/numbers might be more interesting to figure out--since you've just volunteered yourself to figure out the first set.:lol: The path that I'm following now, is to sort my collection into those that have the same 2 out of 3 groups of numbers.

So, now all I have to do is :wallbash::cursing::think: until I make sense of something that should make sense.

Nice set of photos you've found googling--I see that the Russian measurements are a bit different for the same part# because appear to be measured at a slightly different point (even the diameter of the "round" part of the clip that slips in the hole may be the difference in diameter of the same clip in opened/closed; released/fastened position.

Hmmmm...maybe I need to crack a cold one and think about that.:beer:
Good stuff, you've got there!

·
Registered
29 Posts
This thread has been extremely helpful in figuring out which fasteners I need to replace the ones that the previous owner lost.

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
Thought I'd resurrect an old thread, @Koala Yummies, to see if you or anyone else knows the part number for a couple of body clips I'm looking for. There are three different attachment types for the center brake light: the four 8mm nuts for the bolts; one center clip; two clips on the very right and left ends of the assembly. Those are the two I'm not finding in the parts list, and I figure it might be something that only comes with a new OEM center brake light.

Here's a pic of the left side--the hole just left of the grommet:

It looks like a two or three part clip, but I don't have a pic of the part that stays in the hole (since I lost part of it down the hole, and the other part got lost in a bunch of expletives deleted that went flying out at the time.)
The clip in the pic below slides in a slot of the brake light, and the little plastic disc is the top part of the clip that seats in the hole in the body of the hatch--I think it snaps over the clip I'm looking for.

I'm going back to the body shop at Honda, just to see if they have anything in their assorted clips on hand, but I prefer to have the OEM part. So, if anyone can help me out, I'd much appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That clip is new to me and I have extras of just about every type of clip for this car (that old rainbow clip pic that is now gone for whatever reason).

Firing up the google machine, hitting some part numbers and cross checking with other Hondas, is the clip you pictured broken or missing anything or does it look like its supposed to be two separate parts like that (with nothing else that may have broken off)?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts