Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a big fan of taking turns at high speeds :thumbsup:

at the moment, my suspension is still stock.

I need to get rid of this god-awful body roll.

what have you guys done to get rid of it?

what yielded the biggest results?

thx

· Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm hoping eibach finishes the development of the sportlines soon. The pro-kit is not enough for me. In my experience and opinion, sportlines coupled with a good shock/strut setup yields a nice handling setup.

· Registered
15 Posts
heres what I'm going to do, sway bars will be your best bet particularly with stiff bushings. Also bigger wheels all the way around would be good as well, with stickier tires. Add front camber to negate the under steer it wont handle like a FR but it will handle waaaay better.

with those mods you wont lose your drivability
when I had my Prelude I left my stock suspension alone, and did those things, and I was keeping up with my buddies WRX in the mountains

· Registered
2,147 Posts
Having done some research regarding the HS class in SCCA autoXing, a change to the front sway bar is allowed, soooooo anyone have thoughts as to which ones are available sgt?

· Registered
980 Posts
I am waiting on the eibach coilovers. Going off how well they do on springs the coilovers should work really well. I also want to upgrade the front sway bar and add some bracing. Not real sure about the rear sway bar. Since its a beam in the rear, will adding a rear sway bar really do anything other that look cool?

· Registered
2,488 Posts
I am waiting on the eibach coilovers. Going off how well they do on springs the coilovers should work really well. I also want to upgrade the front sway bar and add some bracing. Not real sure about the rear sway bar. Since its a beam in the rear, will adding a rear sway bar really do anything other that look cool?
on FWD cars in general the rear sway makes more of a difference than the front. ive never put a rsb on a torsion beam car so i dont know for sure though. if i could only get one i'd get the rear if i were you. The RSB mitigates understeer but can make the car more prone to snap lift oversteer at the limits. not a huge deal for everyday driving, but something to keep in mind on more spirited runs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.