Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at what's currently out there, I think this combo would make the best looking Areo combination.

Cyber Aero Front Bumper - $1027

Cyber Aero Side Skirts - $880

C-West Rear Lip Spoiler - $631

Nobelesse Rear Diffuser - $775

Total: $3313

What is your opinion and what combinations are you eyeing? Personnally I am going to wait till I see the pricing drop since they are outrageous right now since it's a new car.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Honestly, im not going to waste any of my money on body kits. i never have and i never will. I got flamed on and called a ricer for saying something has JDM styling. IMO bodykits are one of the riciest things you can do to your car. And for those who say it improves handling i call BS. Any handling improvements would be seen at the track when going 100+ km/h.

Its not beneficial in any way for a stock crz to have a kit on it, or even if you are a weekend warrior going to your local track, the 125 or whatever hp engine isnt going to be launching you to speeds that you would need extra downforce.

Im going to spend my cash on some lightweight rims and tires and a good coilover setup. I think this is the best way to improve handling at practical, realistic speeds. Without the extra flash of having a kit, or ruining the look of your car because you are fond of a kit that doesnt follow its lines.

As far as your list you have here, i dont mind the rear diffuser, but its not needed. The side skirts and front bumper look pretty ricey to me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honestly, im not going to waste any of my money on body kits. i never have and i never will. I got flamed on and called a ricer for saying something has JDM styling. IMO bodykits are one of the riciest things you can do to your car. And for those who say it improves handling i call BS. Any handling improvements would be seen at the track when going 100+ km/h.

Its not beneficial in any way for a stock crz to have a kit on it, or even if you are a weekend warrior going to your local track, the 125 or whatever hp engine isnt going to be launching you to speeds that you would need extra downforce.

Im going to spend my cash on some lightweight rims and tires and a good coilover setup. I think this is the best way to improve handling at practical, realistic speeds. Without the extra flash of having a kit, or ruining the look of your car because you are fond of a kit that doesnt follow its lines.

As far as your list you have here, i dont mind the rear diffuser, but its not needed. The side skirts and front bumper look pretty ricey to me.

I know what you mean, I feel this car could look a lot better with a sleek looking body kit. Most people don't have a decent arguement or feel they are better than most people, so they lower themselves to "YOU RICER!" or mocking V-Tec. I have my Subaru for track and fun, this is just my DD for work. If I get any kit in the future I am going to check fitment/quality and definately wait till pricing drops.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I think factory is going to be best. Polyurethane parts that wont crack or fall off that can stand up to the elements.

I think i have pretty decent arguments that are anti body kits. But i think everyone should note that for everyday driving, getting a body kit for more "downforce" or for performance is probably the riciest thing you could do.

R - race
I - inspired
C - cosmetic
E - enhancement

·
Registered
205 Posts
Keep in mind "if" you do do this setup, find a good side shot of those sideskirts. It wont look good if the sideskirts are hella lower than the rear bumper.

I'm digging your choice in spolier:thumbsup:. I'm shooting for the same one, but I gotta have stance (suspension/rims) before I can add any aero parts (Front lip/wing/diffuser).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think factory is going to be best. Polyurethane parts that wont crack or fall off that can stand up to the elements.

I think i have pretty decent arguments that are anti body kits. But i think everyone should note that for everyday driving, getting a body kit for more "downforce" or for performance is probably the riciest thing you could do.

R - race
I - inspired
C - cosmetic
E - enhancement
Agree, most people try to claim stupid stuff like downforce to justify their "mods".

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep in mind "if" you do do this setup, find a good side shot of those sideskirts. It wont look good if the sideskirts are hella lower than the rear bumper.

I'm digging your choice in spolier:thumbsup:. I'm shooting for the same one, but I gotta have stance (suspension/rims) before I can add any aero parts (Front lip/wing/diffuser).

I am just going to save up for a while, like a year and focus on looks. I personnally don't care about performance with this car. I am going to do a wider tire/stance with this combination, if the rear lines up (nice pointout).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.