Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i think gloss black would look better because it would match the glass more.

someone on this forum has that part painted gloss black on a white CRZ. from his little avatar picture it looks good.

props to you for doing this though. it looks very well done.

·
Registered
522 Posts
in non-USD markets (of course) i think they have an option to order colored panels back there (including a super glossy black that almost looks like glass)

:sadwavey:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the flat black accents and accessories. I am thinking about ordering the spoiler and making it flat black also.

J

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
in non-USD markets (of course) i think they have an option to order colored panels back there (including a super glossy black that almost looks like glass)

:sadwavey:
that would be cool

I like the flat black accents and accessories. I am thinking about ordering the spoiler and making it flat black also.

J
do it! which spoiler, oem or something aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
i saw this in the color thread earlier but couldn't ask u in there lol... maybe a better angle/lighting will help make this appear better than that picture...

what did you use? i hope that's a vinyl wrap?? if so, wrap the roof too ;)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Nice and unique IMO.. white CRZ w gloss black is the sheeet

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i saw this in the color thread earlier but couldn't ask u in there lol... maybe a better angle/lighting will help make this appear better than that picture...

what did you use? i hope that's a vinyl wrap?? if so, wrap the roof too ;)
Yes it is vinyl wrap. I also plan to get the front lip spoiler. rear diffuser and side spoilers and get them all wrapped in flat black too, and of course flat black wheels.

Most people may think gloss black will look better, but then most people will have gloss black, I wont. I like setting mine apart from the rest. That's why I got the CR=Z and not the Civic

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whew... vinyl wraps are ok with me :wavey:

btw, please do not paint the wheels any kind of black... they don't look good in a black color...
O NO I plan on getting new 17" wheels in flat black. Of course this will all be along process buying one piece at a time.

·
Registered
176 Posts
"Yes it is vinyl wrap."

Vinyl wrap?? Love it.

Where did you get it? What'd it cost? Can you apply it yourself or does it require some "professional" help? Is it available in other colors?

A www.link to the supplier would be great. I googled "vinyl wrap, auto custom" and got some commerical dealers trying to sell full body wraps and other large size pieces. But could not locate any offering smaller sizes or rolls for just a rear deck lid or similiar.

But, assuming price and availability are reasonable, it's an excellent idea with much potential.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
my guess would be if you are a DIYer then you can probably tackle a vinyl wrap on a not so large panel... you will need a heat gun and for obvious reasons, a SHARP razor blade (new)...

and to my knowledge you can get them in any color you want... including, but not limited to; matte finish, glossy finish, custom with company logo or whatever, etc...

sorry i don't know pricing and i don't have any actual experience wrapping parts... just saw it on TV once :popcorn:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts