Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hoi and i got together, snapped a few shots. a lot of them came out pretty bad due to overexposure. guess we shoulda just turned the cars around for better shots :pics:

maybe hoi got some good shots too. but i tend to over produce the effects on some pictures. enjoy.

too bright!

and my reflection ruins this. someone photoshop me out of there..

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
!!! Nice. !!! :thumbsup:

· Registered
1,290 Posts
Iv'e said it like a thousand times. PWP pictures never ever do it justice. Not that Roddy's setup doesn't look good in pictures, but the contrast with the color accents is perfect.

But did you use a filter one these? some of them look more like black chrome, cause I know my car isn't that clean and shiny ;)

Removed reflections

And of course I brought a camera with no batteries, but iPhone will have to do.
Will have to remember charge everything if there is NorCal meet :p

More photos
:
link: Black and White CR-Z

-Hoi

· Registered
672 Posts
Roddy! these are hella nice pictures taken!! How did you make it look like this? is it by photoshop, or cause of the actual camera?

· Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gnawhdivad - I have a program for creating HDR photos. it's my favorite style of photography. if u look at pasmag's car featurettes the pictures are usually HDR

hoi - too bad I only got a few shots. and the backdrops not that fancy. next
time we meet I'll take more for good avatar/sig

· Registered
672 Posts
gnawhdivad - I have a program for creating HDR photos. it's my favorite style of photography. if u look at pasmag's car featurettes the pictures are usually HDR

hoi - too bad I only got a few shots. and the backdrops not that fancy. next
time we meet I'll take more for good avatar/sig
roddy, you mind if you share what program you used to creat HDR photos? HAHA i totally want to get some snapshot of my car like that!

· Registered
658 Posts
nice pics! you were really asking for a tough one shooting a black car AND a white car together lol. as a general rule of thumb, to prevent any wasted shots with exposure and such, i suggest you should shoot in raw and always underexpose your shots by 2 or 3 stops. it'll save your ass every time :). awesome pics though!

· Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ooo looks like Fremont near the auto mall?
yup, by claim jumpers

roddy what wheels you got on your car?
work meister 2piece

nice pics! you were really asking for a tough one shooting a black car AND a white car together lol. as a general rule of thumb, to prevent any wasted shots with exposure and such, i suggest you should shoot in raw and always underexpose your shots by 2 or 3 stops. it'll save your ass every time :). awesome pics though!
thanks majestic. never shot with white/black cars before.

· Registered
658 Posts
thanks majestic. never shot with white/black cars before.
yea, its tough but yours came out really good. next time you wanna shoot both cars again, set up your shot on the tripod and take one shot metering off the white car, then another shot metering off the black car, and the 3rd shot, meter off the environment.. if you wanna take it a little further, meter once for the sky, then meter again for everything else. then, try merging them for your HDR. you can come out with better, more toned down HDR shots or you can still do the extreme HDR like you did here.

again, the pictures and your guys' cars look amazing! lovin those works on yours :thumbsup:

· Registered
234 Posts
Work Meister s1 2pc
17x9 +41.
f: A disk; r: O disk

HKS Hypermax 3 coilovers set to highest settings.
f: A disk; r: O disk'
What does that mean? front what disk?

Love the wheels but I would install some smaller rims on the front - 8x17 could do I guess..

What wheels size are you running?

· Registered
1,390 Posts
8x17 is quite small! Really really wide too? What offset do you plan on running? :giggle:

When you talk about rim sizes the first number is always the rim diameter then the second is the width.

I think you mean 17x8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
f: A disk; r: O disk'
What does that mean? front what disk?

Love the wheels but I would install some smaller rims on the front - 8x17 could do I guess..

What wheels size are you running?
the disks refer to the back side of the rim. an o disk is the same as low disk meaning low caliper clearance, but more dish. a disk is standard size. i have good bbk clearance in front.

see: Work Wheels :: Home for reference as far as wheel sizing offsets and disks.

my front spec: 17x9 +34. 205/40/17

I recently shaved my rear fenders and rolled the front. will be moar lowar soon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.