Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 355 Posts

· Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The SRI will use a no name brand. No name doesn't mean no flow, it flows awesome and is oiled and cleaned just like the K&N.

The CAI will use a K&N filter as the tight fit going into the front bumper area requires a different filter design.

Both of them flow 3 times more than the CR-Z will ever make with bolt ons. So there should be no worries of restriction.

Thanks again for all of the interest and thanks to Frederic for stepping up and being the first to put on on pre-order :)

Who makes that filter???
im pretty sure i read during development they changed the filter so that a generic one can be used if you need a replacement (+1 for ease of maintainance)... ill let them chime in though
Pls don't quote me on this but I believe it will come with a K&N filter.

· Premium Member
8,099 Posts
What's the diameter on the CAI pipe? I live in Florida and there tend to be puddles that are actually small ponds that I end up driving through, so if I got the CAI, I think I'd want to pick up a bypass valve. Unless you guys would suggest that SRI for the 6 speed.

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
What's the diameter on the CAI pipe? I live in Florida and there tend to be puddles that are actually small ponds that I end up driving through, so if I got the CAI, I think I'd want to pick up a bypass valve. Unless you guys would suggest that SRI for the 6 speed.
I'm thinking your worried about the exposed K&N filter? If so...

I have had a K&N filter on my Hypercharger for my Harley for many years. It is a forward facing forced air system and never had any issues driving through "Driving" rain etc.. as long as the filter was maintained.

Here is a link to a pic. As you can see, it is going to pick up anything and everthing... But the K&N (properly maintained) takes care of it.

Kuryakyn Pro Hypercharger Harley Davidson

· Premium Member
8,099 Posts
I posted a thread with it installed and shoowed a pic of where it's located it's really tucked lol.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I read that thread and you said that one shouldn't have to worry about it unless they drive their car into a lake and there are some random streets that I have to take to work where the water gets decently high. It's one of those better safe than sorry situations.

· Registered
1,939 Posts
I would say get it bc the difference is amazing the car just opened right up, I wish I could let y'all each drive my car you'd be sold instantly. But if that's a worry I'd grab one of those covers for the filters that aem makes or just go forth with the sri.

· Registered
1,939 Posts
$329 is a little more than what i'm willing to pay...
I believe it's reasonable! Most CAI's for other applications are in this price range, and your alternative would me $450+ for a hks SRI so seems like the much better option, nothing against those who have the hks of course.

· Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
2.75" Diameter. We have a slick billet machined MAF housing so it maintains the outside diameter of the pipe and looks nice and chunky, but give the MAF sensor the proper sample tube so there aren't any CEL issues.

21 - 40 of 355 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.