Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,939 Posts
I would say get it bc the difference is amazing the car just opened right up, I wish I could let y'all each drive my car you'd be sold instantly. But if that's a worry I'd grab one of those covers for the filters that aem makes or just go forth with the sri.

· Registered
1,939 Posts
$329 is a little more than what i'm willing to pay...
I believe it's reasonable! Most CAI's for other applications are in this price range, and your alternative would me $450+ for a hks SRI so seems like the much better option, nothing against those who have the hks of course.

· Registered
1,939 Posts
let me drop my .02 cents by saying the exhaust sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good, :) im so happy with the end result, video doesnt do it justice, buy this thing you wont regret it. and furthermore, the cars strictly on BEAST mode now lol. im having sport mode changed to BEAST mode :) lol

· Registered
1,939 Posts
For the CAI do you have a picture of where the filters is located? Is it easy to clean once installed? I had a CAI on a previous car and it was a pain to get to the filter to take it off to clean it.
Thanks,
Scott
The filter is tucked away behind the drivers side foglight. It is a pita to get too mainly bc there's alot of dumb clips on the undertray but if ur good at taking off the clips it isn't that bad. If u go to my profile and look at my threads you'll find a pic I snapped from underneath and you'll see exactly where it is located.

· Registered
1,939 Posts
It's nice and sunny in ct today windows down on the cr-z cruising and I gotta say I just continue to love my exhaust more and more :). Probably one of the beat notes I've had on any car I've owned. I have to make a clip of it taking off and drive by cruising and in cabin :) it's so smooth and sweet, all my friends are like "dude really? That sounds so sick" and I get compliments on it everywhere I go. Even the dealership liked it ;).

· Registered
1,939 Posts
Am I the only one wondering why all the "Dyno Sheets" have "MUSTANG" written on them? And have 4 curves but only a legend for 2 of them? I don't mean to be calling anybody out nessesarily, but it does seem like a bit of a stretch to claim a even 10 HP gain, thats a big feat for a 112 HP motor... For having a dyno right there to use the sheets seem a little plain compared to other's I've seen for CAIs and SRIs on my other vehicles, no numbers for the second set of curves ...
OK so I guess I am calling you out but only because it seems like every CAI manufacturer out there is tip-toeing the BS line hoping people will buy their product and it makes me a very, very cautious buyer who critiques the validity of the information they provide. It doesn't mean much to me if you make a different CAI that makes 10 HP for a mustang, I'm driving a CRZ, and while people do like pretty graphs with pictures I prefer charts of before & after numbers, with decimal place accuracy.
Call me picky but I don't spend hundreds of dollars just to make my car make more noise going the same speed :p I certainly mean no disrespect either clearly you guys have worked very hard on these products and I will be thrilled for some reassurance or clarification on the posted gains. :)
let me stop you right there bc it was my car the used for R&D and the power claims are not only real but street feel is amazing. head to head stock cr-z vs mine, easy two car pulls. i myself wouldn't praise these parts like i have been if the increase wasn't so impressivel. Finally the dyno sheet says mustang on it bc its a MUSTANG DYNO lol never heard of it? only one of the most commonly used dyno's around and one of the lowest reading dynos around at that, and yes the company is named mustang dynos GOOGLE IT. and more last thing before i go start my drinking for st patty's day lol, this car is very difficult to get a proper dyno reading bc of the batteries, these numbers were the most constant out of all the dyno pulls done on the car. HKS doesn't even clain anything, at least Black Label fabs went above and beyond to prove the numbers with up most accuracy they could, more than i could say for other companies. good night NOW TIME TO PARTY lol :thumbsup:

PS i will not be driving my CR_Z tonight :thumbsup:

· Registered
1,939 Posts
Well with that said I guess I'll be going to the 1/4 mile next week :) lol. Actually I was planning on it before hand, hopefully wed night or Saturday. And yes I understand your point of u and u don't know me personally to take my perspective or opinion without some sort of a grain of salt. But I get no profit whatsoever from how many units are sold lol all I got from the deal was the final pieces for free and free dyno pulls :). And my man northbrdge lol I hate bringing up hks bc I don't want u thinking it's a direct blow to u lol, on the other hand the pipe diameter alone is sognifically larger ;). Anyways guys I'm kinda done from all the guinnes tonight lol I'm off to bed, peace.

· Registered
1,939 Posts
i wonder how many 1/4 mile runs he has to do in order to get accurate results.

there's way too many variables, that's why we have dynos...
And yes at the end of the day it's about squaring it up old fashion style head to head but even then the driver has alot to do with it. Dyno are tuning mechanism bc they all load differently so numbers vary significally from dyno to dyno.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.