Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used CR-Z a few weeks ago and apart from the 12v battery going dead after attaching a carcam which the dealer changed for new and I kept the original which is charged should I need it hopefully not as I was polishing the car I took note of the front and noticed Black Edition..does anyone know if this is a special edition..I was actually waved down by a guy with his daughter to compliment my car...that's never happened before ha ha at 68yrs I do get the "chasing your youth look "..hey why not. I have never used a forum so hopefully my one finger stab typing will be seen..I wish you well..wherever and whoever you are..Ken Wolf

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome. (y)

What year is the car? Miles?

There are quite a few UK owners on here, where are you located?
CR-Z SP. I -VTEC IMA Hybrid..1497cc..75,.000 and Southend on Sea Essex ty for replying..I just saw and knew it was the car for me..ha

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
So "black edition" is a top-level trim package on honda north american models... I don't think it was introduced in time to go on any CRZ, so perhaps someone bought a badge on ebay to be cheeky?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh I see it does look like it belongs there I'll have another closer look tomorrow..still trying to add a picture..maybe I'll fiqure it out later..nice chatting ty
Is it the gray one I saw on Auto Trader?
Yeah possibly sold by Southend autosales or something similar..test drive I just enjoyed driving it..it was fun something that you would forget to buy something. Just so you can drive it back..ha ha..I'm no expert but I do enjoy this car..plus Hybrid benefits the environment..I am a outside member of Greenpeace so anything that helps is a good thing...nice to chat ty

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your CR-Z, Black Edition or no.... To post a pic of it for us to see, I think new members need to have at least 5 posts to the forum before they are free to post pics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahh I didn't know as said I'm new to the forum concept ty for the heads,up my head

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z GT-Navi Milano Red
124 Posts
Looking forward to see the pictures...I don’t remember but does it have upgraded exhaust and suspension? I only remember, that it looked like is in good shape.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tbh I don't know hoping to learn as I go along excellent condition inside a few minor paint scratches outside but for £4,995..I'm more than happy..there's a great road not far away Shopland rd..it's like a race track..no limits no cameras..great quick turns and one long stretch..every car and motorbike I've taken there..mostly around town I use eco..main road..normal..but on this road took it up to sports..acceleration was incredible..superb handling but I didn't have long enough for 6th gear..it's just fun to drive and you just don't get that normally..if I was young again I'd want a job as far away as possible..ha ha

As regards the year its. July.2011..

·
Registered
98 Posts
...my one finger stab typing ...
a.k.a. "the soaring eagle technique" as dubbed by one member on my mechanical keyboard enthusiast forum :giggle:

Welcome!
When I got my Z, I started to think that people might have been scoping out my house because there seemed to be an inordinate amount of people slowing down as they drove by, but never actually stopping, as though they were trying to case the joint or something. Then I noticed it happening quite a bit at my mother's house as well, but only when I was actually chatting with her neighbor about how she had been admiring my ride and wanted to know what it was did it finally dawn on me that the reason for the all the slow passes was very likely the car parked in front. One passer-by on foot commented that it looked like a spaceship from the back end as I had been covering it.

All I know is, I was curious to see what it was all about the second I learned Honda made a hybrid car that came in a manual transmission., When the guy at the dealership called me up to come look at one when they got it, I was absolutely giddy as soon as I laid eyes on it waiting in front of the showroom when we pulled up. . It was a very attractive car, even in WHITE, which I've never been a fan of on any vehicle. Shockingly, my mother, who had been bankrolling the deal, only needed to see my face after the test drive to make an offer on the car, which meant that she found it quite to her liking as well. She thought I wasn't as keen on the color, thinking I really wanted a black one, which has always been my goto car color, because she knew neither of us had ever wanted a white car before seeing the Cr-z. I was shocked she made the offer because her color is always RED, but it was such a good looking car that we both fell a bit in love at first sight. .If it had been a manual instead of a CVT, I would have offered to make up the difference when her offer was just a tad short of what they were willing to take for it.,

I ended up with a great deal on a 2013 6MT in black shortly thereafter,, but this thing looks great in ALL of the colors, adding some flair to traditionally more conservative shades with those gorgeous lines of the windows. Black almost doesn't even do it justice without that contrast, so adding a little bling with the mugen knock-off wing in back was just the ticket for me. I see a few cars that wanna-be as sleek as the Cr-z, but don't quite make it to the same level, and nothing beats how fun it is to drive!

My only issue now is how bloody high maintenance the black paint is! But when she shines, I just glance at it and grin with satisfaction. She's so pretty, no wonder people gawk!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
a.k.a. "the soaring eagle technique" as dubbed by one member on my mechanical keyboard enthusiast forum :giggle:

Welcome!
When I got my Z, I started to think that people might have been scoping out my house because there seemed to be an inordinate amount of people slowing down as they drove by, but never actually stopping, as though they were trying to case the joint or something. Then I noticed it happening quite a bit at my mother's house as well, but only when I was actually chatting with her neighbor about how she had been admiring my ride and wanted to know what it was did it finally dawn on me that the reason for the all the slow passes was very likely the car parked in front. One passer-by on foot commented that it looked like a spaceship from the back end as I had been covering it.

All I know is, I was curious to see what it was all about the second I learned Honda made a hybrid car that came in a manual transmission., When the guy at the dealership called me up to come look at one when they got it, I was absolutely giddy as soon as I laid eyes on it waiting in front of the showroom when we pulled up. . It was a very attractive car, even in WHITE, which I've never been a fan of on any vehicle. Shockingly, my mother, who had been bankrolling the deal, only needed to see my face after the test drive to make an offer on the car, which meant that she found it quite to her liking as well. She thought I wasn't as keen on the color, thinking I really wanted a black one, which has always been my goto car color, because she knew neither of us had ever wanted a white car before seeing the Cr-z. I was shocked she made the offer because her color is always RED, but it was such a good looking car that we both fell a bit in love at first sight. .If it had been a manual instead of a CVT, I would have offered to make up the difference when her offer was just a tad short of what they were willing to take for it.,

I ended up with a great deal on a 2013 6MT in black shortly thereafter,, but this thing looks great in ALL of the colors, adding some flair to traditionally more conservative shades with those gorgeous lines of the windows. Black almost doesn't even do it justice without that contrast, so adding a little bling with the mugen knock-off wing in back was just the ticket for me. I see a few cars that wanna-be as sleek as the Cr-z, but don't quite make it to the same level, and nothing beats how fun it is to drive!

My only issue now is how bloody high maintenance the black paint is! But when she shines, I just glance at it and grin with satisfaction. She's so pretty, no wonder people gawk!
That was my reaction when I saw the one I bought I had no idea about what I was actually buying but Hybrid screamed out good for the environment and I loved the look and actually had fun driving never felt since my JPS Capri..I was smitten and have actually been waved down for a guy wanting to ask about the car..I was pulling out of a car park at the time..ha ha

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a used CR-Z a few weeks ago and apart from the 12v battery going dead after attaching a carcam which the dealer changed for new and I kept the original which is charged should I need it hopefully not as I was polishing the car I took note of the front and noticed Black Edition..does anyone know if this is a special edition..I was actually waved down by a guy with his daughter to compliment my car...that's never happened before ha ha at 68yrs I do get the "chasing your youth look "..hey why not. I have never used a forum so hopefully my one finger stab typing will be seen..I wish you well..wherever and whoever you are..Ken Wolf
Hi Ken
2011 Alpha Black Edition with alloy wheels and black interior ..... surprised the dealer didn’t ham it up ..... but I knew more about the specifics of the CRZ when I bought mine from the local Honda dealer Jersey

1 - 19 of 19 Posts