Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The fucking stupidity on Honda-tech has always amazed me. Every time I visit that site I feel less intelligent. Those guys are DUMB. Saying 'slugs' for pistons make you look like an inbred ******* fucktard.

5.xxmm rod bolts seem kinda scary. That's going to need an upgrade, but I wouldn't worry until you break it. The rods look ok. Are they cast? If you're doing turbo, supercharger or just big n/a #s with a cam, you're going to need to sleeve the block! It's a fully open deck, not even partially closed. I don't like that. Block Guard : Golden Eagle Manufacturing or a full sleeve. We used to send blocks to Golden Eagle for full sleeving. Top notch work.

That TB makes it look like he's going to be making a big cam or using a turbo. All those people talking shit about the CR-Z over there are going to have their jaws on the fucking ground when they get smoked by a hybrid.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Cool stuff! That TB is HUGE! :thumbsup:

I invited Bisimoto to post here..... hope that is ok?
he actually made a post on here around the end of July but i think Mike was waiting to hear back from on being a vendor or not... i can see the thread he made and it has the same exact post as you see on HT, just a few hours apart...
5.xxmm rod bolts seem kinda scary. That's going to need an upgrade, but I wouldn't worry until you break it. The rods look ok. Are they cast? If you're doing turbo, supercharger or just big n/a #s with a cam, you're going to need to sleeve the block! It's a fully open deck, not even partially closed. I don't like that. Block Guard : Golden Eagle Manufacturing or a full sleeve. We used to send blocks to Golden Eagle for full sleeving. Top notch work.
like i posted in another thread, Honda blocks can HANDLE quite high hp numbers w/o being damaged... i remember reading now that HKS said the first thing they expect to fail are the Piston Rods and that's only when constantly being above 200hp...

full sleeves are not really necessary if you're going to be pushing anything under 300hp... over that i'd say to sleeve it...

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Had the oil pan off my jeep jk recently and the rods are about 3 times the size of the CR-Z. I guess they make them that thin etc. for higher RPM's?:think:
no no no... the rods are that thing b/c that makes them extra lightweight w/o adding extra cost... high revving engines needs strong rods or else they will snap...

·
Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actually he's been a member on here since July [email protected] :popcorn:
no thats randy bro, BISI is way too.. well... BUSY, trust me.

RANDALL is [email protected], just to clarify.

anyways, bisi is getting ready for sema and shit so im sure the last thing he will be doing is posting on here.. but we can always hope he gives this thread a peek. i guess. lol.

·
Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thx :kiss:

how?? do u have tickets to get in??
never needed tickets before. im special. just kidding but you dont really need "TICKETS" but i can do it under my company if there were enough people going. its getting close. but there is still enough time. everyone i know just uses biz cards the first day, stands in line for hour or two, but you have to sign up online ahead of time. no big deal though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cool stuff! That TB is HUGE! :thumbsup:

I invited Bisimoto to post here..... hope that is ok?
Absolutely! It is an honor and pleasure being here.

bisi wont have time to bless us with his e-presence.
Greetings, 213! I have been so swamped developing and testing products for the CRZ prior to the SEMA launch. I will, however, try to come in as time permits.

You will be pleased to know that we, at this moment, have 22 products developed for the CRZ. I will start a build thread soon. Any ideas on the best forum section to post this?

Have a great week, all, and thanks for the amazing support!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts

Greetings, 213! I have been so swamped developing and testing products for the CRZ prior to the SEMA launch. I will, however, try to come in as time permits.

You will be pleased to know that we, at this moment, have 22 products developed for the CRZ. I will start a build thread soon. Any ideas on the best forum section to post this?

Good to have you on this form bisi, I was hoping if u could give me an idea of what the limits of the 1.5l is if boosted?

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
:hail:

I suggest you contact Mike about becoming a Vendor... i know Randall is working out something right now, maybe you can find out what the situation is... otherwise :rules:

A couple of forum rules to remember when posting, replying and other genereal use of the site.

7. Non Supporting Vendors - any links to your business, your website, contact information or pricing of parts is not allowed. Only official Vendors may post this information. If you would like to become a vendor please email [email protected]

i'd love to see what you got but rules are rules :wavey:

·
Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Whoa.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
he actually made a post on here around the end of July but i think Mike was waiting to hear back from on being a vendor or not... i can see the thread he made and it has the same exact post as you see on HT, just a few hours apart...

like i posted in another thread, Honda blocks can HANDLE quite high hp numbers w/o being damaged... i remember reading now that HKS said the first thing they expect to fail are the Piston Rods and that's only when constantly being above 200hp...

full sleeves are not really necessary if you're going to be pushing anything under 300hp... over that i'd say to sleeve it...
Like I've said, most of my experience with Honda motors is with B series. The people that were coming to my shop were looking for 450+hp B-series. That motor can not handle that power without being sleeved. I have a feeling this will be the same. Time will tell. I'm curious how much boost this motor can take.

Oh, and I'm all for sleeving an open deck block. Not necessarily a full sleeve, a block guard will suffice. Just one less thing to go wrong. I should have worded what I said more clearly. And you've pretty much got it. 300hp is the 'magic' number where I'd sleeve, too. But if my motor is already blown and disassembled, might as well put a block guard in it.

And my final note. Everyone mods their cars differently. I personally, like to prepare blocks/heads/etc. for upcoming mods. I don't really like to wait 'till something breaks. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.