Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo that magical "coating" that the dealership talked me into came in handy when BIRD POOP the diameter of oranges ate right through the clear coat...

they are refinishing the paint as i post this.

Any idea how to protect the cars paint job long term? I can't store it in a covered garage or monitor the thing all day.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Avoid trees.

What type of birds did this and how long was the poop on the car?

Since bird poop is a mixture of feces and urine, the acidic properties can be very high depending on diet of species. Thick wax would probably help a tiny bit to hold off but not much.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Sooo that magical "coating" that the dealership talked me into came in handy when BIRD POOP the diameter of oranges ate right through the clear coat...

they are refinishing the paint as i post this.

Any idea how to protect the cars paint job long term? I can't store it in a covered garage or monitor the thing all day.
Never, ever buy that coating. They're complete bullshit designed to get more money from you. And look, it worked.

Wax. A thick coat. And when there's bird shit, use a quick spot detail spray.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
A good sealant and thick coat of wax are about all you can do. The treatments offered at the dealership are not normally worth what they charge. Doing your own cleaner/sealant/wax job or paying a pro detailer to do it for you would be my recommendation.

When parked over night get a car cover if you don't have a carport or garage.

·
Registered
421 Posts
is the magical coating company paying for the re-finish? they should, considering you bought it to protect your paint.

but i also agree with the previous posters, the stuff the dealer sells you is BS mystical crap.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Here's a couple of options that Honda should have installed on the CR-Z to prevent this kind of thing;:hi5:

That's pretty funny. Except the scoop on subies is for the top mount intercooler (TMIC), not an intake.

Although, myself and many others, while owning an STi, have had birds swallowed by the scoop at speed. There's nothing, nothing like scraping cooked on bird guts off of your intercooler.:puke: A buddy of mine screwed his up doing this. He bent a fin too much and it ripped off the air way. He just replaced it with a Front mount (FMIC)

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
That's pretty funny. Except the scoop on subies is for the top mount intercooler (TMIC), not an intake.

Although, myself and many others, while owning an STi, have had birds swallowed by the scoop at speed. There's nothing, nothing like scraping cooked on bird guts off of your intercooler.:puke: A buddy of mine screwed his up doing this. He bent a fin too much and it ripped off the air way. He just replaced it with a Front mount (FMIC)
Yes, I know the scoop is for the inter-cooler. It is was funny commercial that pertained to the subject. I too have had to clean a bird or two off the inter-cooler of my Cooper S. They should make them with a non-stick surface for those occasions.;)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
That's serious shit! Literally!!!!! I've never even heard of such a thing. That bird ate some serious stuff and was targeting u bcc u killed one of it's cousins before on the highway.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yes, I know the scoop is for the inter-cooler. It is was funny commercial that pertained to the subject. I too have had to clean a bird or two off the inter-cooler of my Cooper S. They should make them with a non-stick surface for those occasions.;)
Ah damn, sorry. I wasn't trying to call you out. Just pointing out a fact. :)

Any pics of the damage? Before and after? How are they rectifying the situation?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.