Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my silver crz ex today after a vin screw up and delay on plates. Despite a rain storm all night with massive wind, i had so much fn driving. I cannot imagine how awesome tomorrow will be. Already got some envious looks at her too, such a cool feeling to turn heads :)

My father has been trying to tell me that it is no gokd to run the ac during the winter. My google searchs say its actually good to run it at least a little to prevent idle ware. Do you guys know the scoop on this?

· Registered
4 Posts
Sorry kind of a newb here but I thought any time you direct the air to the windshield to defog or defrost it will automatically engage the AC to remove moisture from the air. So the AC should run every now and then just by way of the vent settings. Not sure if it's different on this car.

1st post btw. Still not decided on this car but these posts make me want one...

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hehe yea i think im going with it should be run. At least occasiobally to keep the seals from leaking.
As for this car. Its a real fun vehicle.
I love the style. It turns heads in a good way.
Its quick and responsive. Very easy to handle obstacles. Sport mode is basically fun mode lol. Its fuel eco ive found to be quite higher also. Using eco mode of coyrse.
The stock premium audio system on the ex is very impresive. I feel no need to upgrade and this is coming from a big music lover thats likes drowning everything out in sound. The handsfree bluetooth is neat though idk how much ill use it. The usb iphone connection is a magical breath of fresh air.
I begin driving a 99 honda crv. Not my kind of car but it was 17 and it was that or notin. About a year ago i purchased a 2010 pilot. I loved the size, aggresive style, power, and utility of this vehicle. My comute is pretty long though and im moving to a more expensive residence so enter the crz. Such a great decision.
The only other car was a 2002 subaru wrx. Tight steering, awd, turbo. Car is fast and hugs the road like a pro. In the end though, the interior is bland and its an uncomfortable ride after a while and thats a big deal.

I guess the best thing is to take a crz out and decide for yourself. :)

I should add some cons that ive noticed on day 1.
Of course the rear visibility. Atm its hard to judge lane changes on the highway.
Arm rest should def be standard but at least its an option but comfy without also.
The seatbelt is a bit further back then i like and i sit all the way back and max reclined also cause im 6 feet 4.
Last is the lack of a locking gas cap. But then again... I dont have enemies that would wanna dump sugar in my tank. And... Who would pick a hybrid to siphon gas from?

· Registered
314 Posts
Hehe yea i think im going with it should be run. At least occasiobally to keep the seals from leaking.
As for this car. Its a real fun vehicle.
I love the style. It turns heads in a good way.
Its quick and responsive. Very easy to handle obstacles. Sport mode is basically fun mode lol. Its fuel eco ive found to be quite higher also. Using eco mode of coyrse.
The stock premium audio system on the ex is very impresive. I feel no need to upgrade and this is coming from a big music lover thats likes drowning everything out in sound. The handsfree bluetooth is neat though idk how much ill use it. The usb iphone connection is a magical breath of fresh air.
I begin driving a 99 honda crv. Not my kind of car but it was 17 and it was that or notin. About a year ago i purchased a 2010 pilot. I loved the size, aggresive style, power, and utility of this vehicle. My comute is pretty long though and im moving to a more expensive residence so enter the crz. Such a great decision.
The only other car was a 2002 subaru wrx. Tight steering, awd, turbo. Car is fast and hugs the road like a pro. In the end though, the interior is bland and its an uncomfortable ride after a while and thats a big deal.

I guess the best thing is to take a crz out and decide for yourself. :)

Of course the rear visibility. Atm its hard to judge lane changes on the highway.
Arm rest should def be standard but at least its an option but comfy without also.
The seatbelt is a bit further back then i like and i sit all the way back and max reclined also cause im 6 feet 4.
Last is the lack of a locking gas cap. But then again... I dont have enemies that would wanna dump sugar in my tank. And... Who would pick a hybrid to siphon gas from?
Those last bits are among the most common complaints in the "what don't you like about the CR-Z" thread. As for the fun to drive factor, couldn't agree with you more! It's nice to have a car that is enjoyable to drive, while at the same time getting that warm and fuzzy feeling when you see the impressive gas mileage you're getting! :thumbsup:

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
O when the vehicle is locked the cap doesnt open? Perhaps it is that way in the US version as well. My car was unlocked each time I tried but that smart. It avoids having to put a latch on the interior and secures it when your not around. only downside of course is when a good fellow comes along looking to fill up random gas tanks... Gonna miss out on that one, ;-)

· Registered
1,285 Posts
Sorry kind of a newb here but I thought any time you direct the air to the windshield to defog or defrost it will automatically engage the AC to remove moisture from the air. So the AC should run every now and then just by way of the vent settings. Not sure if it's different on this car.

1st post btw. Still not decided on this car but these posts make me want one...
You're correct. That's how defrost works on the front.

And to the OP, congrats on the car. You will end up using the bluetooth phone and the hands-free command button. It took me a bit on the command, but I love it now. And I've loved the hands free phone since the day I bought my '07 Acura TL-S.

It's a fun car, for sure!

· Registered
666 Posts

I noticed all of the same things when I first got the car not even a week ago, but already have gotten used to it! It takes some mirror adjustment but you can work out the rear visibility problem pretty easily, which you can find in some dedicated threads on here about that problem. I also thought the same thing about the armrest, and even asked my dealer how much to install one ($513!) but decided to pass. Now I just keep it in Sport Mode and always am gripping the wheel or shifter so I don't notice! haha

Oh and the bluetooth is awesome btw, I've never had anything like this before. No fumbling around for my phone in my pocket when I get a call! Soo nice

Definitely the best car I have ever driven as well :)

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You're correct. That's how defrost works on the front.

And to the OP, congrats on the car. You will end up using the bluetooth phone and the hands-free command button. It took me a bit on the command, but I love it now. And I've loved the hands free phone since the day I bought my '07 Acura TL-S.

It's a fun car, for sure!
You were right big time. The fact that my phone syncs up when i start the car makes it a big feature. The first time it happened i was like.... Whoa... The call clarity was terrific and they heard me perfectly. Good stuff :)

· Registered
1,285 Posts
You were right big time. The fact that my phone syncs up when i start the car makes it a big feature. The first time it happened i was like.... Whoa... The call clarity was terrific and they heard me perfectly. Good stuff :)
:thumbsup::hi5:

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
:thumbsup::hi5:
Yep, wouldn't buy a car without integrated bluetooth. Big time safety feature for me. I'm one of those who cannot hold a phone, talk and drive safely. Like a lot other people we all see on the road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.