Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a CR-Z, where did you all buy yours from? Which dealership is the best to work with?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Bay Area Dealers

I bought mine at Victory Honda in San Bruno, and it was a generally pleasant experience. At first they tried to sell me the car for sticker and offer too little for my trade, but quickly backed off and gave me a reasonable deal -- not spectacular (I'm not much of bare-knuckles negotiator), but perfectly decent. I had distinctly unpleasant experiences at 2 other dealers: San Francisco Honda and Honda of Oakland.

At the Oakland store, I had a very pleasant test drive and got along well with the saleswoman -- until she introduced me to her sales manager, who was a pushy jerk who tried to pressure me into buying then and there, which I had absolutely no intention of doing. It was so obnoxious that I stormed out and swore I'd never, ever give them a cent.

San Francisco Honda was a strictly email experience. Having shopped a bit, I emailed them to see if they might give me a better offer than other dealers. They didn't, but then kept emailing me again and again, even after I had told them I'd bought a car elsewhere. After 3 "please don't email me again, I've bought a car" notes, one of their clowns phoned my cell to try one more time -- at which point I was apparently unpleasant enough that they stopped contacting me after that.

On the other hand, I did take the car into SF Honda (much closer and more convenient than the others) for a repair after I had an unfortunate mishap that crunched my driver's side mirror when I'd had the car about 2 months. The service department, at least in that one experience, was entirely professional and pleasant to deal with, even after Honda parts screwed things up the first time.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
If you want to traverse another bridge, I've been very satisfied so far with Lodi Honda. Elk Grove (I saw no elk, and no groves), where I bought mine used, not so much. Lodi got me through the facebomb debacle with a 3-mile '16 Civic as a loaner. I put five-thousand miles on it. Lodi has a good reputation for doing internet deals as well. They have 3 Zs in stock, all with CVT, one of them a '15.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts