Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new Bayson front RZ bumper from someone who never installed it. My car is a base, but the bumper is made for cars with fog lights. I'll probably buy some lights to fill the holes. Aside from buying garnishes with fog light holes, any other options for mounting them?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Are you referring to this?

If so, you can purchase some fog lamps on eBay. Brackets you might be able to find at a junkyard or make your own to mount them. I purchased mine from the dealer which was about 50 per side. Wiring them shouldn't be too hard, just tapping into power and ground.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's the one, with the round fog light holes. From what I can tell from the videos, the fog light is mounted to the bracket and the bracket is mounted to the bezel (the plastic vent looking thing). You did pretty much what I'm trying to avoid (but might end up doing) buying the bezels.
I've got a few feelers out for used ones, but it's limited. There are several used ones out there with the oval fog lights.

·
Premium Member
8,643 Posts
See this thread with part numbers to add fog lights to a base as a kit. Included in the kit is the relay, stalk and wiring harnesses, Etc.

In the above is also this link to the installation directions, https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/crz/2014/foglights.pdf.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
8,643 Posts
Glad I could help. I forget, does your car already have the wiring for the fogs or not? If not, you may need other parts of that kit.

Thanks, this pdf explains a lot! Looks like I can get some knockoff ebay Fogs and mount them to the bumper. Don't really need the (bezel, garnish, cover) since the Bayson piece will act as the bezel, I just hope it lines up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably doesn't have the wiring, but I haven't looked (maybe this weekend). Buying the OEM "kit" would definitely be the way to go but I'm trying to avoid that expense for now. Maybe in the future I can piece one together from salvage cars. I'm not even 100% sure I'm going to wire up the lights. If I do, I'll have to run additional wire for the bumper's 4 mini LEDs as well. I just need to finish and not have another lingering project, I have enough of those.

·
Premium Member
8,643 Posts
Good luck. Many OEM parts for CR-Zs are becoming unobtanium. Simple question was your car a Base at Birth or was it an EX or EX with navigation. Even simpler, does your light stalk have the fog light switch? If it was an EX or better, than everything maybe there. If it was a base, and you get lucky, you may be able to piece together a working solution using good wiring techniques and non OEM parts.

Mine is an EX and I do appreciate the fact it has fog lights. Will be better when my lighting upgrades are complete and all are same color temperature.

Talking to a dealer in person, they may be able to save you some money and get you just the parts you are missing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got lucky and saw an eBay auction for a NIB OEM fog light kit minus the lights and garnish... PERFECT! I was looking for the turn signal stalk when I found the listing. I'll just buy Amazon lights, and I don't need the garnish.
Font Fashion accessory Eyewear Feather Natural material

1 - 9 of 9 Posts