Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today I got the news. Got the code poa7f, and my hybrid battery is at 19% capacity. I’m looking to replace it, and was quoted 2700 through Honda. Is this a fair price? And is there any way insurance would potentially cover a portion of costs? Any help would be appreciated.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will look into those batteries thanks. It’s been a pending issue, I noticed a slow decrease in mpg at first, but it was hard to diagnose how drastic with a change to my wheel/tire/intake set up, then it became more noticeable and the battery would frequently and rapidly charge and discharge on even short trips. The last week, it was making the car pretty undrivable with the lack of torque when I needed it. I intend to keep the car for a long time so I am going to replace the battery. As far as when the code popped up, I would say that was maybe two months ago and reaching out to some people it seemed like it may have just been a software issue, which I know Honda issued an update for. On my own personal faults, I dismissed it as that but started to suspect something else. I am curious to know if replacing the battery is something I can do myself or not.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
first thing I did was load test the 12v lol it was fine... I used to drive the car 50 miles a day at least when school was in session for me. Now mostly just driving to work which is only a mile away... and hard touge runs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts