Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I bought a CRZ last week. So far, I'm loving it. I was in traffic yesterday and every time the auto stop comes on, the windows fog up. If I only press the window defogger button, the car remains on, otherwise it turns off even when defogger and legs are selected together. Anyway, the car seemed to run out of the IMA battery. I noticed it when the car felt very sluggish all of a sudden. I have only been driving in eco mode and with occasional sports mode pulls. The battery was however was charged back up after 5 mins to 8 bars and so far its remained in between 6 and 7. Is this normal? Why did that happen? Did i have the heater on for too long? Bear in mind, it was at night time, when the low beams were on, nav screen running, dash lights set to high and seat heater on.

·
Super Moderator
4,640 Posts
Front Defroster disables the Auto stop all other AC\Heat modes do not. As for running out of IMA it will happen especially in stop and go traffic. Try Normal mode. I drove The Speed Bump in Econ for the first year I owned it. I now use all the modes. Other than Econ the other modes Auto Stop less. Econ prioritizes the IMA battery over everything else.

One other thing Clean the inside of all glass with a good non ammonia glass cleaner like Stoners Invisible Glass. They will fog less once you get all the outgassed material off the inside of the glass and will be able to see better. Clean outside in one direction and inside in other so you can tell which side the streaks are on. Rain X also makes an anti fog product for the inside. I have not tried it but found the fogging issues were less once glass was clean.

·
Registered
56 Posts
100% normal. Our battery rarely ever fully charges. Only if there is a really long time of coasting and braking. It's not a hybrid like a Prius, so the battery will normally run down and back up much more frequently.

Eco mode will more aggressivly run the systems for economy. Normal mode will give human comforts and driving feel a higher priority. Thus more pick up, tighter steering, and LESS auto start and stop. (not full on disabled you have to run the straight defrost or have a temp set that it's not reached yet).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Eco seems to use more battery for me too I find it best to only use Eco mode when on the flat or downhill and not needing acceleration.

·
Registered
201 Posts
To keep my windows from fogging, I leave my heat/ac set in auto on 68 or 69 degrees year round. With these settings I can honestly say I never have any issues with fogging. I do live in East Tennessee so it may or may not be as hot or cold as where you live. As far as driving modes, I am probably 70% econ and 30% normal mode.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Every once in a while heavy traffic will discharge the IMA resulting in a warning flashing up. Shouldn't be happening very often though, I can only recall it once 8n recent memory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts