·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
6,194 Posts
Interesting...
Yeah, but I was considering just routing a small line from the rear wiper/washer, spraying next to the lens via the OEM washer fluid system....

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Yeah, but I was considering just routing a small line from the rear wiper/washer, spraying next to the lens via the OEM washer fluid system....
Could work, someone else tossed that idea out there too. The precision and pressure(or rather, lack of) is what I'd be worried about with that plan though. If anyone can figure it out, my money is on you!

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
829 Posts
I think that this could easily be achieved with a small peristaltic pump and a sprayer nozzle from a junkyard. I think this is a good idea to clean the lens, But I doubt it'd help much if its already wet.

Something that worked well-ish for me was a ceramic coating. When it was on it worked great and water didn't stick to the lens. However I guess I didn't clean the lens well enough so the coating fell off. But that's a much cheaper and easier way to solve the issue, i think.

·
Registered
2013 Honda CR-Z w/ HPD supercharger
191 Posts
This seems like a bigger hassle than it’s worth. When I see my rear camera dirty I just get out and rub it with my thumb. Does the job without having to spend hours and any money on one extra part that can fail. That, and I have had a bad experience with Kickstarter in general and don’t fund anything anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts